swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
now I'm looking at selling an ethanol sensor....again......for the second time, and moving over to the cobb flex fuel sensor.......so I can just have one tune from Strat (with my current 93 tune as the base). Seems I can't just have one set of:
wheels
tires
suspension
hpfp
ethanol sensors

:rolleyes:

The rabbit hole is easy to fall into. Before you know it, it's too late.

Just do what I did and part out the car :ROFLMAO:

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
now I'm looking at selling an ethanol sensor....again......for the second time, and moving over to the cobb flex fuel sensor.......so I can just have one tune from Strat (with my current 93 tune as the base). Seems I can't just have one set of:
wheels
tires
suspension
hpfp
ethanol sensors

:rolleyes:
I hear you on the wheels/tyres, my shed is full of them- My daily A4 has as set of winters mounted on MSWs in there+ 3 20"s from an A7 comp I got in a trade, my MK4 that didn't see more than 100 miles last year has a set of OEM Longbeach wheels in there, and the GTI has a set of Apex SM10s and an OEM spare sitting in there🙃 not to mention my stockpile of spare ignition coils, stock downpipes, etc. etc. lol I'd have the suspension too except I managed to sell mine and clear up some space ahaha

...And this is why ppl who aren't into cars look at us like we're insane.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So couldn’t wait…., found a great deal on a new kit and snagged it. Guess I’ll get this installed and then pick the tune up.

IMG_5868.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So got this kit in finally….. took my time and installed in stages throughout the day today….. actually not that hard to put a new pin in the ECU. Was meticulous and careful. Ran the lines and zip tied in place.

Only thing I don’t know is if the AP will read the sensor without a flex fuel tune….i tried and it wasn’t reading. I double checked the pos/neg and ECU pin….all were straight. Sent a note to my tuner to ask….. for the time being I taped off the sensor and harness and left unplugged

IMG_5883.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg
IMG_5885.jpeg
IMG_5882.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
the ecu has ethanol% hard-coded until the calibration is switched to use the sensor.
And I logically know that, but then started thinking “well maybe it should and I just jacked it up”.

At least now I know every connection is good lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
On your 6th revision already? Should be close to finishing up your tune. How's it feel so far?
yeah I try and run logs as soon as I can, so very little wait time. He's buttoning it up top end and tweaking lower end, but love it......so much power almost quicker than the IS20 and holding it up top is what I was looking for.