GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I know ED doesn't necerraisly recommend it but how many of you are running a colder plug on this tune? I just swapped mine for the Brisk and am getting an awful misfire. Checked all connections, pulled coil pack and connector back out of misfiring cylinder noticed a small rip in the connector itself (the long tube part), I know everyone calls things differently.

Could that be causing the issue?

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I did my Rs7 plugs with new coils yesterday (I'm @ 11k miles & stage 2 ht) mines running fine. Had a few misfires on start up on 2&3 cylinder via obd11 but seems to be running fine.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I've been running DO5 this whole time which I think is comparable to the CM7 with no issues. Also colder plugs will always be better the higher HP you have, I've been running RS7 plugs for a while now with no issues but want to go back to the IHK24's (is that right?) since they're another step colder.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Is there a non adjustable 93 octane file? I only saw a 91 octane file and the adjustable file, not a standard 93 octane file for IS38.

Just saw this. Is there not a non-adjustable file anymore? I was on 93 non-adjustable before the adjustable files came out, but didn't notice if they completely removed the non-adjustable. Actually I just remembered I took a screenshot of the files last time I flashed:

This is from when the adjustable file was first released, I'm assuming the non-adjustable is still there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
anyone dyno with adjustable file yet on IS20? I am heavily debating switching off of APR (primarily because I'm going IS38 soon). You guys think it's worth it?

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
anyone dyno with adjustable file yet on IS20? I am heavily debating switching off of APR (primarily because I'm going IS38 soon). You guys think it's worth it?

Instead of buying into the sunk cost of getting another flash tune, maybe you could grab a used Cobb AP and get a protune (probably cost $350 or so for the tune, sunk) as long as you're at your full build. Cobb will release the base is38 file soon :). Or, you could grab a used ED tool and pay the $500 for the flashes. You'll have adjustability with the file if that's what you're looking for. I adore the AP and the ability to easily take logs and monitor the car using the gauges. I'll actually be selling my AP and going back to Eurodyne once I go is38 just to save costs.

Last edited:

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Instead of buying into the sunk cost of getting another flash tune, maybe you could grab a used Cobb AP and get a protune (probably cost $350 or so for the tune, sunk) as long as you're at your full build. Cobb will release the base is38 file soon :). Or, you could grab a used ED tool and pay the $500 for the flashes. You'll have adjustability with the file if that's what you're looking for.

Ya I've flirted with that idea too. In all honesty, it will probably remain is20 for a little while longer.....Maybe I'll start looking at these options when I finally get an IS38. To me, the APR stage 2 tune for canned, is pretty close to great. I say that loosely as their lack of any adjustability or flashing at home is a real bitch

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Ya I've flirted with that idea too. In all honesty, it will probably remain is20 for a little while longer.....Maybe I'll start looking at these options when I finally get an IS38. To me, the APR stage 2 tune for canned, is pretty close to great. I say that loosely as their lack of any adjustability or flashing at home is a real bitch

Yeah, APR is an awesome tune for anyone looking for an easy "flash and go" tune that optimizes performance gains. If only we knew back then what we know now :). Costs money to learn, I guess. Look at me - I went with a protune because the ED stage 2 files left me desiring more. Then they came out with an adjustable file that has great daily drivability mapping and can be logged and tweaked to run very well. Rip.

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
There's not really an easy answer to this. You'll need to run logs as you increase boost to find that sweet spot. If you need help learning how to log and how to read them, feel free to PM me.

Can you take a look at this log? 93 actual octane in the car but 92 adj with 24lbs of boost.
I will log a 87 octane later today and send you another reply.

Just trying to get the hang of what to look for and trying to learn how this works.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks for your help

http://www.datazap.me/u/katanamst279/92-octane-24-lbs-boost-adjustment?log=0&data=1

georgiatechME

Ready to race!