GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

alexSU

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I hit my break in mileage and finally got to get on it a bit. If you’re debating on pulling the trigger DO IT. It grabs hard and feels great when you push the car. I still want to delete the “swirl” valve with the ECS stainless clutch line and maybe a BFI weighted shift knob but overall the pedal feel is greatly improved over stock

It really is a great clutch and very easy to drive. I have been beating it up getting logs with my is38 and there are no problems with hold the low rpm boost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm so jelly of your guys clutch and is38 :D

I wont be doing clutch for a couple months. Car only has 6k miles on it and if spend another dime before summer my wife is gonna leave me LOL :eek:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did you take the bleeder valve out?
I have removed the delay valve out of the bleeder block and put a stainless line in place of the delay swirl valve at the firewall.

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Well I hit my break in mileage and finally got to get on it a bit. If you’re debating on pulling the trigger DO IT. It grabs hard and feels great when you push the car. I still want to delete the “swirl” valve with the ECS stainless clutch line and maybe a BFI weighted shift knob but overall the pedal feel is greatly improved over stock

I have a BFI weighted shift knob, Forge short shift bracket, and ECS shifter bushings. I highly recommend doing these three things. It makes a huge difference in the shifter feel. Not saying you need to get these three brands in particular, but I would assume any brand would improve the driving experience. I will say, though I like my BFI shift knob, there are heavier weighted knobs out there, and I might be looking to get a heavier knob. The BFI is still good, and it’s greatest quality is how it matches the GTI interior flawlessly. I’m also ordering the DKM Stage 2 clutch this weekend, and will be installing it with my friend. I can’t wait! My MK7 GTI has been Stage 2 Eurodyne since 5,000 miles (17,000 now) and my OEM clutch is finally starting to slip. I don’t need the DKM Stage 3 clutch due to me deciding I’m not going IS38, because I probably will be trading it in for a GT350 or M2 next year, so no need to spend more $$ on things that don’t need to be replaced.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a BFI weighted shift knob, Forge short shift bracket, and ECS shifter bushings. I highly recommend doing these three things. It makes a huge difference in the shifter feel. Not saying you need to get these three brands in particular, but I would assume any brand would improve the driving experience. I will say, though I like my BFI shift knob, there are heavier weighted knobs out there, and I might be looking to get a heavier knob. The BFI is still good, and it’s greatest quality is how it matches the GTI interior flawlessly. I’m also ordering the DKM Stage 2 clutch this weekend, and will be installing it with my friend. I can’t wait! My MK7 GTI has been Stage 2 Eurodyne since 5,000 miles (17,000 now) and my OEM clutch is finally starting to slip. I don’t need the DKM Stage 3 clutch due to me deciding I’m not going IS38, because I probably will be trading it in for a GT350 or M2 next year, so no need to spend more $$ on things that don’t need to be replaced.

Thanks for the tips, I’m sure I’ll do more shifter mods eventually but having owned and raced a manual diesel truck for over a decade the not so perfect shifter doesn’t bother me as much as most people. Even stock I could no lift shift without an issue

Gt350 and M2 are both great options! If I didn’t have kids or could spend that much on a weekend car they’d be very high on my list!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the tips, I’m sure I’ll do more shifter mods eventually but having owned and raced a manual diesel truck for over a decade the not so perfect shifter doesn’t bother me as much as most people. Even stock I could no lift shift without an issue

Gt350 and M2 are both great options! If I didn’t have kids or could spend that much on a weekend car they’d be very high on my list!
Blueballs is right they all help. I have bfi knob and the complete 42dd bushings kit with a oem+ metal shift cable brackets

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Thoughts on just the Stage 2 DKM clutch? Great price compared to Southbend, which I've been eyeing. The highest I'll be going is most likely IS38, probably just IS20 if it doesn't blow up at all.

Just hope there won't be any issues if I do decide to go this route since I can't DIY and will pay a shop for labor.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thoughts on just the Stage 2 DKM clutch? Great price compared to Southbend, which I've been eyeing. The highest I'll be going is most likely IS38, probably just IS20 if it doesn't blow up at all.

Just hope there won't be any issues if I do decide to go this route since I can't DIY and will pay a shop for labor.

I’d go with the same stage 3 twin disk we all got. The stage 2 is rated at 440ft lbs (at the crank). Is20 stage 2 cars and is38 w/proper tuning make 400-420 ft lbs torque at the wheels so it’s really cutting it close or possibly not even rated for enough torque depending on what our drivetrain loss actually is

railroader

Autocross Newbie

What gti Jake said. Just go with the twin disc and be safe and know that you don't have to worry about it. I love mine and it gets better the more I drive it.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Having driven Evos with the Exedy twin disc clutches, does this DKM exhibit the same "whirring" sound during shifts? (Discs vibrating when the clutch pedal is depressed)

Also when driving in heavy traffic and the friction material heats up, do you hear a "honk" as you slip the clutch when taking off in 1st gear?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Having driven Evos with the Exedy twin disc clutches, does this DKM exhibit the same "whirring" sound during shifts? (Discs vibrating when the clutch pedal is depressed)

Also when driving in heavy traffic and the friction material heats up, do you hear a "honk" as you slip the clutch when taking off in 1st gear?
No have not experienced any of that.

radoroc

Ready to race!

From everything I have read, this clutch is not like other twin discs. It sounds like it's the quietest one you can get and not any noisier than a single disc set-up. Mine's going in soon hopefully.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Not gonna happen with these, it’s organic clutch disks so just like OEM

Those noises happen with ceramic disks and similar aggressive materials. I had a really heavy ceramic single in my Cummins and it made all kinds of fun noises in traffic