GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got my first little finger cut so I figured a beer and update was in order after washing my hands.

Everything’s out of the way and it’s about ready to support & pull the mounts.

Got a long spare M12 to cut and use as an alignment/support pin.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Got my first little finger cut so I figured a beer and update was in order after washing my hands.

Everything’s out of the way and it’s about ready to support & pull the mounts.

Got a long spare M12 to cut and use as an alignment/support pin.

Tightening the pp to the flywheel is a pain in the ass. It's so tedious

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Thing of beauty. I just hit my break miles.

I take it that you are liking the clutch? Mine got delivered this week. Just waiting...Lol.

I'm still on stock software so I'm wondering if I should just tune a low torque stage one to see how long the car can last. I mean get the most out of the stock clutch.

The other part of me says install the clutch and then get a DP and just go straight stage 2...hmmm. Lol.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I take it that you are liking the clutch? Mine got delivered this week. Just waiting...Lol.

I'm still on stock software so I'm wondering if I should just tune a low torque stage one to see how long the car can last. I mean get the most out of the stock clutch.

The other part of me says install the clutch and then get a DP and just go straight stage 2...hmmm. Lol.
I was running everything in my sig except the intercooler on the stock clutch for probably about 10k miles at around 26-27lbs of boost on the jb4. I just kept my boost fairly low under 3500 rpm. But when I put the intercooler in it started to slip a tiny bit. I love the clutch now just waiting for for more item to come In then I'll install my is38. I would just install the clutch, break it in then get the tune and dp and have fun

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Was waiting on my buddy to help drop it out but said screw it. TOP and charge pipe had to come out to clear the subframe FYI
You had to take your charge pipe out. I left mine in.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I was running everything in my sig except the intercooler on the stock clutch for probably about 10k miles at around 26-27lbs of boost on the jb4. I just kept my boost fairly low under 3500 rpm. But when I put the intercooler in it started to slip a tiny bit. I love the clutch now just waiting for for more item to come In then I'll install my is38. I would just install the clutch, break it in then get the tune and dp and have fun

Thanks for the advice. I feel breaking in the clutch while stock will be the best option and safest too. That’s what I’m leaning towards for sure.

Glad to here you are enjoying it.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well I’m carpooling to work, woulda got it done to drive tonight but had some delays.

Had one stretch bolt on the engine to trans go soft on me so I’ll replace it whenever it comes in.

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
If your capable of doing it yourself then I say do it. It's not hard. No I can have the transmission out in 1 1/2 hours or less, putting it back in was a little more difficult cause my tranny jack is garbage and don't work well for transaxle. The most tedious part is tightening the pp down cause the are 27 bolts and have to go star/criss cross pattern to tighten and only tight each one 1 turn at a time then once it's all seated take each bolt out one at a time and put loctite on and torque to 10ft lbs. I have to pull mine out again to change the TB/slave assembly again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you. My buddy and I are gonna do the install. He has a transmission jack, and I have an engine support bar. After watching a few install videos, it looks pretty simple. I’ve already done coilovers on my car, so taking apart the axle is no new thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thank you. My buddy and I are gonna do the install. He has a transmission jack, and I have an engine support bar. After watching a few install videos, it looks pretty simple. I’ve already done coilovers on my car, so taking apart the axle is no new thing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is pretty easy. Next time I do it I'm buying a better tranny Jack. The one I have is garbage for transaxle so I threw it out of the way and lifted it in and out

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Any specific reason why you decided to go with this setup over, say, an RSR hybrid (sintered pressure plate side/HD organic material flywheel side) + OEM DMF?

Just when I think I have my mind made, I see something equally interesting lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any specific reason why you decided to go with this setup over, say, an RSR hybrid (sintered pressure plate side/HD organic material flywheel side) + OEM DMF?

Just when I think I have my mind made, I see something equally interesting lol
Didnt want dmf and this kit handles way more power at 660ft lbs of torque. It should be a one and done clutch that will handle everything i throw at it no problem

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Didnt want dmf and this kit handles way more power at 660ft lbs of torque. It should be a one and done clutch that will handle everything i throw at it no problem

Note that 660 ft lbs of torque is around 200ft lbs more than the stock engine can handle. Many have been quoted as saying the stock block & internals can't handle more than 400-420wtq which is around 460 or so at the crank?

Needless to say this clutch will more than likely, as you said, be a one and done clutch :cool:

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion

Nice. Any chatter? Is it easy to live with for a DD? I want a one and done deal that will easily handle around 400whp without losing the relatively smooth engagement of the oem dmf.

This and the RSR hybrid seem to be the best bet. Interested to hear more reviews as you guys reach up the miles.