GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Railroader, how many smiles do you have now on the clutch ? What's the chatter like now ?
I have a lot of smiles on this clutch[emoji16] I have around 3k miles on it. Chatter is not bad on mine, others have no chatter like gti Jake I don't believe he has any chatter at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yep, 1600 miles and it’s almost silent. My BFI stage 2 mounts are as aggressive as it gets too.

I honestly have zero complaints about this clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yep, 1600 miles and it’s almost silent. My BFI stage 2 mounts are as aggressive as it gets too.

I honestly have zero complaints about this clutch
Ya I have the bfi stage 2 mounts and it exaggerates everything

Dr.Bora

Passed Driver's Ed
Lots of useful information in this thread. ive been following it since about the 2nd page. ill be ordering this clutch next week. Now from what I gather, this clutch coupled with the stage 2 bfi mounts increase NVH greatly?
I already have the billet 034 dogbone insert so it only transmits harshness when I start in 1st as the stock clutch is on its last legs and isn't very smooth anymore.
mine is daily driven so with this information should I just go with the stage 1 bfi mounts?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Lots of useful information in this thread. ive been following it since about the 2nd page. ill be ordering this clutch next week. Now from what I gather, this clutch coupled with the stage 2 bfi mounts increase NVH greatly?
I already have the billet 034 dogbone insert so it only transmits harshness when I start in 1st as the stock clutch is on its last legs and isn't very smooth anymore.
mine is daily driven so with this information should I just go with the stage 1 bfi mounts?

Up to you if you want comfort over performance, I chose performance over comfort cause I don't care about the added vibration or noise. I just turn the radio up or have a screaming 4 year old lol. Mine is daily driven. Either way you will enjoy the clutch

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Son of a bitch

Dropped the car off with a few goodies to have the clutch installed.

I got one of the bad batches of kits that the bolts where manu'd wrong and they were sheering off.

Oh and the wrong instructions were sent in the box lmao.

DKM overnighted the bolts and I have a second vehicle so it's no big deal to me.

To anyone looking to pick this kit up just make sure the date of the kit is newer is all.

To all the people thinking about getting a stage 2 kit over the 3, the price is negligible and the twin disc/stage 3 set up will be EASIER to drive and be easier on the drivetrain all while holding more power.

Seriously, it's no brainer.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Twin disc stage 3 seems to me to be the best bang 4 the buck.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Son of a bitch

I got one of the bad batches of kits that the bolts where manu'd wrong and they were sheering off.

DKM overnighted the bolts and I have a second vehicle so it's no big deal to me.

To anyone looking to pick this kit up just make sure the date of the kit is newer is all.

To all the people thinking about getting a stage 2 kit over the 3, the price is negligible and the twin disc/stage 3 set up will be EASIER to drive and be easier on the drivetrain all while holding more power.

Ya the screws on mine were really weak and it had a bad tb but they sent me a whole kit minus flywheel, they have amazing customer service

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Son of a bitch

When you say date is newer...what date did you have and what date should we have for the newer kit? I have mine here with me and I hate to drop this off to get done only to have to wait for parts...

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
When you say date is newer...what date did you have and what date should we have for the newer kit? I have mine here with me and I hate to drop this off to get done only to have to wait for parts...

You can call DKM and give them the serial number for the kit and they'll be able to tell you.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
You can call DKM and give them the serial number for the kit and they'll be able to tell you.

Is the serial number on the part somewhere? On the outside of the box is a barcode, model number and a date of 2018-01-05.

Hope I don't have to disable the clutch and disk for the serial number. I may just reach out to them anyway as they had PM'd me a recommended dealer near me.

Thanks again.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is the serial number on the part somewhere? On the outside of the box is a barcode, model number and a date of 2018-01-05.

Hope I don't have to disable the clutch and disk for the serial number. I may just reach out to them anyway as they had PM'd me a recommended dealer near me.

Thanks again.

DONT disassemble the clutch pack. There’s six shim stacks that need to be properly ordered for the clutch to work. If you read the directions (which I’ll admit I didn’t lol) it tells you not to take that apart

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Thanks again.
Just do what I did and buy better grade bolts, the ones that came with my kit were soft, none broke but some of the heads stripped out trying to torque them to 10ftlb. I just bought better bolts for it.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
DONT disassemble the clutch pack. There’s six shim stacks that need to be properly ordered for the clutch to work. If you read the directions (which I’ll admit I didn’t lol) it tells you not to take that apart

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping not to and now I won't for sure. Lol.

Just do what I did and buy better grade bolts, the ones that came with my kit were soft, none broke but some of the heads stripped out trying to torque them to 10ftlb. I just bought better bolts for it.

Ok, cool. I'll talk to my installer and see if they can get these before I drop off the car for the install.