GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: MIB1 > MIB2 NEW SIMPLIFIED Method

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Brilliant - this makes sense now - this should be pinned to the first post on this :)

I am looking at using serial to patch a cheaper Preh/Tecnisat unit as have used putty in work - so this may be the cheapest and easiest for me to try :)

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Last stupid question!

Does anyone have a list of radios that should have APP Connect from factory - ready to be patched at all? I am still unsure of which radios I should look to buy? Does anyone know of a list with extras ( DAB+ WiFi etc ?)

Carrythezero

Thanks for this thread. It promped me to buy parts on eBay and do the retrofit. A couple of differences in my install that I'll detail for others:

1. I purchased the USB carplay harness from eBay for $23 as I didn't feel comfortable trying to open up the factory plugs to change pins. Routing the cable to the glovebox was pretty simple. I dropped the glovebox and easily go the cable to the area of the cabin filter and then was easy to get it up to the headunit area from there. I used a lighted boroscope which has a somewhat stiff cable to feed the wires through.
2. My headunit came with P0268D loaded from the factory. I unlocked it with Congo & Duke (may not have been necessary) and then upgraded to P0365D (non-nav) from mibsolution. I then ran Congo & Duke 3.0 and it removed the CP for me.
3. I did not need the D-Link adapter or to put the two scripts (steps 5-9 above) since Congo & Duke 3.0 did all of the work
4. I went to https://mib-helper.com/im-so-xory/ and did that fix. Not sure if it's even necessary
5. Everything worked properly except I couldn't get sound or see module 47 in VCDS until brentgti helped me here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ainment-conversion-part-1.343701/post-8003154 After those changes were made, I was able to see module 47 and change byte 0.

Everything is working perfectly now. I also added a carlinkit mini so I have wireless carplay now.

Be sure to check all of the coding in the Adaptations section using VCDS. I overlooked a setting and was having intermittent issues with my reverse camera. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/reverse-camera-issues-after-swap-to-mib2.436597/
I have the exact software train as you started with. I am going to update to P0635D as there are CP removal patches available for it. Do I need to unlock it first prior to update?

Carrythezero

I am up and running but can’t get sound to work. No more CP message on screen. Apple CarPlay works. Backup cam works intermittently. No audio at all though. I am sure it’s in the coding but am not sure where to start. Anyone have any good suggestions?

backcountry

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
I am up and running but can’t get sound to work. No more CP message on screen. Apple CarPlay works. Backup cam works intermittently. No audio at all though. I am sure it’s in the coding but am not sure where to start. Anyone have any good suggestions?
brentgti has posted a list of all the adaptations to check. I'd start there.

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Thanks to BrentGti for the help - Most stuff is now working ... I didn't reset the car after the changes! Only realised when daughter drove car most stuff was back... I am still struggling to get the TPMS back onto the screen however - and various menus are missing ( lights left on etc...) Anyone able to advise on a full list or if I post a scan from orignal radio can someone let me know what I need to change ? Please be gentle - its the first time I have used VCDs yesterday!

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Most menus are controlled through Car Function Adaptations Gen2. If I recall correctly, TPMS is something like Menu display rdk and Menu display rdk over threshold high.

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Most menus are controlled through Car Function Adaptations Gen2. If I recall correctly, TPMS is something like Menu display rdk and Menu display rdk over threshold high.
Worked! However I now have a flashing flat tyre logo - any suggestions... ?

Also - radio doesn't go off when taking key out of the ignition?

baldybouncer-

Car(s)
Golf mk7+ Golf mk8
Have you tried opening your door?

tried everything.

The radio was brand new so no adaptions have been set - I have a feeling the MIB2 unit doesn't know which Can bus to use for data as most things don't work - I can set tyres pressure and it doesn't reset the warning light...and everything else shows 'FUNCTION CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE'

Anyone able to advise where I need to tell the MIB2 unit to look for data ? I am slowly bringing all the buttons and menus back to the radio but they don't actually do much yet!

It's a massive learning curve considering I have never used VCDs before

Any help guys?!

Once I am done I a happy to do a write up from a learners perspective :)

jtk5th

Car(s)
2015 TDI
Thank you so much for the guide! The only issues I had were when I didn't read it carefully enough :rolleyes:

For those considering it, I'd highly recommend it. With tax, everything was under $300. Below are the parts that I used.
All from eBay.

Screen: 3G0919605H ($120.66)
Be careful, I noticed some had defects that were only apparent under close inspection.
USB Port: 5Q0035726J ($30.99)
I opted just to get the port and leave it wired through the hole that the MDI left when removed. This saved ~$50 on eBay.
MIB2: 3Q0035844 ($114)
This came with the P0504D Firmware, so I could use files that OP provided.