GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Since APR rolled out the new Plus program I cancelled my order with Modbargains. I am thinking the APR Plus program is the way to go. Still ironing out exactly how it all works since I don't have a local APR dealer for service.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Since APR rolled out the new Plus program I cancelled my order with Modbargains. I am thinking the APR Plus program is the way to go. Still ironing out exactly how it all works since I don't have a local APR dealer for service.
So this was a NPM/JB1 alternative at $170 and you went with the choice of APRPlus for $900+? Alright..

mursepaolo

Ready to race!

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Yeah felt like an APR guerilla marketing comment trying to bring attention to the new APRplus thread/announcement. [emoji28][emoji108]

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
So this was a NPM/JB1 alternative at $170 and you went with the choice of APRPlus for $900+? Alright..

Yep, $1099 to be exact. Not even close to comparing the 2. Plus with APR you get warranty coverage same as the VW warranty.

Not 100% in. The Dinan was just a Band-Aid really.

Npdogg

Ready to race!
So I get my AWE downpipe tomorrow from Cyber Monday. What do you guys think about this Dinan piggy back and downpipe together? Any issues and do you think the gains are safe for not destroying my clutch before the summer? Was going to go JB4 spring and then clutch summer when my power train warranty is gone. But that $170 price is really enticing.

robbiec

Passed Driver's Ed
So I get my AWE downpipe tomorrow from Cyber Monday. What do you guys think about this Dinan piggy back and downpipe together? Any issues and do you think the gains are safe for not destroying my clutch before the summer?

I have been running the AWE dp since last December and installed the Dinan module last week. As you know, there isn't much opportunity to get on it for long in the greater Boston area, but I try to go WOT for a couple of seconds every day :D I am running the 3 psi sport+ mode. I do not think there is enough added torque to roast a clutch, especially if you make an effort to avoid clutch killing behavior (high rpm/high slip launches, flooring it at 1,500 rpm in 6th). I have no CEL's or ill effects since installing the module. Definitely a bit more pull after downshifting 6th to 4th or 3rd on the highway. Its not life changing, but the added shove is noticeable.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yep, $1099 to be exact. Not even close to comparing the 2. Plus with APR you get warranty coverage same as the VW warranty.

Not 100% in. The Dinan was just a Band-Aid really.

I totally understand your logic heiney. The real benefit here is that you can get the ECU tune AND the TCU tune (what you really want) and still have everything covered under a warranty.

Piggyback owners (not necessarily the Dinan, but JB4 at least) can generate more power than the APR Stage 1 LO tune, but they have to live with their shitty eco nazi DSG if they want to keep their warranty.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
So for those with the module convince to buy one lol. I keep going back and fourth!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If the price alone doesn't convince you...I'm not really sure what else will:D. That alone sold me on it. At $170...there is no other mod that you can buy (and install in under 30 mins) for your car will give you the gains of the Dinan. People will spend 3x times that for an intake that will give you questionable gains.

If you're happy with the stock power of the car or are on the fence about the longevity of the stock clutch in your 6 speed...I think this is a good mod at a great price.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
If the price alone doesn't convince you...I'm not really sure what else will:D. That alone sold me on it. At $170...there is no other mod that you can buy (and install in under 30 mins) for your car will give you the gains of the Dinan. People will spend 3x times that for an intake that will give you questionable gains.

If you're happy with the stock power of the car or are on the fence about the longevity of the stock clutch in your 6 speed...I think this is a good mod at a great price.
Lol this is True! I'm dsg on the mk7 so no worries there. I'm suppose to be not modding it and putting my money into the mk2 but this is very tempting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Npdogg

Ready to race!
I have been running the AWE dp since last December and installed the Dinan module last week. As you know, there isn't much opportunity to get on it for long in the greater Boston area, but I try to go WOT for a couple of seconds every day :D I am running the 3 psi sport+ mode. I do not think there is enough added torque to roast a clutch, especially if you make an effort to avoid clutch killing behavior (high rpm/high slip launches, flooring it at 1,500 rpm in 6th). I have no CEL's or ill effects since installing the module. Definitely a bit more pull after downshifting 6th to 4th or 3rd on the highway. Its not life changing, but the added shove is noticeable.

Thanks for the response, prob going to order it tomorrow. I actually saw your review of the AWE install the other day, when researching DIY instructions. I was planning on doing it myself like you but the only place that rents lifts around here is in Rhode Island, little far as I'm up by the cloverleaf in the Burbs. So I might find a Indy shop to throw it on real quick. But to your point, it is definitely hard to find anywhere to get any good WOT around here, save for some good on ramps. :D

richard_rsp

I'm a 1.8T owner, but we dont have a cool Dinan thread in my section! Thanks for the heads up on the Modbargins deal- I caved. Really can't ask for better for a piggyback (from a reasonably reputable company) at this price.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I ended up reordering the Dinan. Right now the APR+ program just needs more thought. The closest APR dealer to me is 60 miles away, not exactly logistically easy if I have an issue. And I did reconsider the cost and my driving habits, etc, etc, Decided for the moment @ $170 the Dinan is a good investment, even if it ends up being a place holder.

This and a CSS muffler should keep me happy for awhile this Spring.