odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Can you tell us what the different modes are, and how much PSI each mode is? Is the Race Mode like a NPM or a JB1 on map1? Or is the Dinan more conservative? Does the app show the PSI for each mode? Thx

So here is a snap of the Dinan Sport app. You should be able to see the boost given for each mode...but...my app does not look like that.

This is the picture Dinan has on their instructions page for the app.

This is the app on my phone. No Boost Monitor or Performance setting.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Might have used screen shots from their BMW line. Now that they were bought by APR, not sure you will see any updates to this app unless APR adopts it to help get piggyback market share.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
^^ that's exactly what I'm thinking. The VW products are hard to find on the Dinan website. You can't even choose VW from the drop down, you have to do a search. I don't think the same amount of effort went into the Sport box for VW as with BMW. Doesn't stop them from charging a premium price :D

In a way it's false advertising.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm guessing APR kills this product once stock is sold out. Heaven forbid they cut into their 100% profit ECU tune market share with a piggyback that has to compete with NPM and JB4. As a company, would you rather sell hardware with production cost or software that can only be flashed at one of your dealers? They don't even have to produce cables for @ home flashing, and their shops probably only have 1 or 2 cables total. It's clear to me that the money is in flash tuning.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I'm guessing APR kills this product once stock is sold out. Heaven forbid they cut into their 100% profit ECU tune market share with a piggyback that has to compete with NPM and JB4. As a company, would you rather sell hardware with production cost or software that can only be flashed at one of your dealers? They don't even have to produce cables for @ home flashing, and their shops probably only have 1 or 2 cables total. It's clear to me that the money is in flash tuning.

If they do it would be dumb IMO. They already have a product that works and the piggyback market is separate from the flash market, that is why the two co-exist. This would be an easy way for them to grab market share where they previously had a 0% share.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm sure I saw the 2, 3, and 4 PSI additive boost levels for Sport, Sport Plus, and Race when I first researched it. It also has 0 PSI or bypass, and Valet which is 3 PSI subtractive. You need the app to access Race and I believe Bypass and Valet. The only requirement I seen (for Android) is Version 4.0 or better, which shouldn't be an issue. My older Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has Version 4.4.

Modbargains is so busy right now Marketing answered and will have sales call me back. Before I install it I'm going to make up an extension cable for the boost sensor plugs so I can easily remove it for warranty work.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Yaaaass [emoji23] [emoji173]

So my Dinan coilovers came in but its like 20* out and dropping also already lend my garage heater to fam. L

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yaaaass [emoji23] [emoji173]

So my Dinan coilovers came in but its like 20* out and dropping also already lend my garage heater to fam. L

Mine arrived today - was your packaging beat to hell? The components seem fine, but holy crap was the box ever destroyed.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
APR was owned by an investment company and many times they are only concerned with how the companies in their portfolio perform and if they can make $$ by acquiring and selling said companies. So it's really not that surprising.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Mine arrived today - was your packaging beat to hell? The components seem fine, but holy crap was the box ever destroyed.
The box has no rips or holes but the corners/seams are not sharp anymore. [emoji23] I blame UPS for playing football with it to be honest.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Also picked one of these up from ModBargains last night for $170. Been on the fence about adding power for a long time (6MT) so figured this would be a cheap way to get my feet wet and see if I like the changes / if I have any clutch issues with this modest bump.