GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Do you know the octane requirements for sport and sport + ?

Wonder if you can get away with sport on 87

I really don't know what the difference is between Sport and Sport+.

The Neuspeed module has 91 oct for 5psi and 100 oct for 7psi.

Does Dinan list the boost levels on each setting?

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
If you care even the least bit about performance, why would you ever consider running 87 on a turbo engine?

To answer your question, no, you most certainly should not running higher than stock boost levels on 87 octane.
well, not that the question was posed to you, but to your question, none of your business.

as to "never", go talk to apr as they offer an 87 octane tune for the 1.8t.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
would you guys remove this when you go in for oil changes? or just leave it?
If you take it to a vw dealer, remove it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Drove it in the "Race" mode tonight...I think I'm going to leave it there.:D

Can you tell us what the different modes are, and how much PSI each mode is? Is the Race Mode like a NPM or a JB1 on map1? Or is the Dinan more conservative? Does the app show the PSI for each mode? Thx

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Can you tell us what the different modes are, and how much PSI each mode is? Is the Race Mode like a NPM or a JB1 on map1? Or is the Dinan more conservative? Does the app show the PSI for each mode? Thx
according to a post in another thread, sport, sport+ and race add 2, 3, and 4 psi. Would be good to see the poster's source or if one can tell from the app.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Just be realistic with your expectations the product. It's not going to be a pushing you back into your seat type of feel...but feel it you can. Getting from 80 to 100 feels quicker. The torque gains down low from a slow roll is real noticeable.

I haven't tried the other modes. I've been on Sport+ since I can only get 91 in California:rolleyes:. I might try Race to see what happens.

Has anyone tried Valet mode yet?:D

I will be realistic. For the $$ it just intrigued me to get a bit more oomph. I'm only at 3800 miles so I still worry about the warranty. Thought this would be a safe, mild way to go until I get a more aggressive tune later down the road after I rack up some miles and see if there are any warranty glitches in the next 12-24 months. I only avg 500 miles a month.

Thanks for the input, it's encouraging to know you can feel a difference. At $299, not a deal, but at the blow out pricing I think it'll be worth it until something more aggressive. I run 93 all the time so I should get the max from it.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I think I'll order one Monday.
Do it fed! I keep going back and forth lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
It's on the Dinan website somewhere.
thanks. can't seem to find it but I'll keep looking.

Maybe 87 or 89 is okay with +2 with the 1.8T.

There's a guy on another thread who claims he runs the JB1 on 87 without issue, just less power.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion