GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
We finished the year with a bang pushing the 1.8TSI further than anyone at this stage.
Car was fitted with a hybrid IS20. Best previous run was a 12.1.

Engine management: JB4 only with Golf R injectors.

The Polo 6C GTI has proven to be the drag platform of the year. Considering its got a very weak DSG box and torque is limited this is a unexpected result.

WOW!!!!!!

Do the R-injectors enable higher methanol blend? Is a bigger fuel pump also required?

122 mph is INSANE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
We finished the year with a bang pushing the 1.8TSI further than anyone at this stage.

The Polo 6C GTI has proven to be the drag platform of the year. Considering its got a very weak DSG box and torque is limited this is a unexpected result.

What hybrid is he using? Also, what is different with the polo fuel system vs. the golf? Is the lpfp and hpfp the same?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
What hybrid is he using? Also, what is different with the polo fuel system vs. the golf? Is the lpfp and hpfp the same?

Its something they put together locally. If I can recall its compressor only. Car is at around 380whp.
I haven't looked into it deeply in regard to fuel but I suspect everything should be similar as the fueling on both cars react identically using the JB4.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Its something they put together locally. If I can recall its compressor only. Car is at around 380whp.
I haven't looked into it deeply in regard to fuel but I suspect everything should be similar as the fueling on both cars react identically using the JB4.

That gives us hope then. Kristian should be doing his injectors soon. I told him I'm waiting for him to do his first so he can tell me what I'll need to do mine. Lol.

Slick99

Ready to race!

Congrats George and to the owner of this Polo 6C, I m surprised dsg7 DQ200 can still hold this much torque...wish I cud get tcu tune here for my A3

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I see stock spark plugs are recommended for stage 1. I've been running on Map 2 for about 5k miles but have 29k miles total. I know the regular interval is 60k miles for stock but at what mileage should they be replaced when tuned with JB4?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I see stock spark plugs are recommended for stage 1. I've been running on Map 2 for about 5k miles but have 29k miles total. I know the regular interval is 60k miles for stock but at what mileage should they be replaced when tuned with JB4?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Pull em and check the gap and color (google can show you what to look for). If good toss them back in or just go ahead and put new ones in. Cheap insurance.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Congrats George and to the owner of this Polo 6C, I m surprised dsg7 DQ200 can still hold this much torque...wish I cud get tcu tune here for my A3

He burnt the stock clutches and is running clutches from a company called TMG Performance so that helps a lot in terms of transmission reliability.

Slick99

Ready to race!
He burnt the stock clutches and is running clutches from a company called TMG Performance so that helps a lot in terms of transmission reliability.
Yes Kevlar clutch from TMG performance, how smooth is the dsg transmission now on upgraded clutch?

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI

Those are impressive numbers. What does that polo weigh? Like 2500lbs?