GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Slick99

Ready to race!
I went to go start some downpipe tuning tonight, but it had lightly misted a bit earlier so I couldn't get traction in 3rd, if you wanted an idea of the power level :D (for you non 5mt guys 3rd goes all the way to 117mph). It felt like the car didn't quite know how to handle the front wheels spinning at ~100mph with the rears at only 60mph. I even got the traction control light to flash despite having everything disabled, which is a first since going at it with OBD eleven. I guess I'll be tuning another night.

Traction control sounds crazy now. I never really thought about it before, but it sounds like the traction control works by decreasing timing. The violent farts every time it activates are great. I think my setup of the 1.8t muffler with no resonator and a downpipe is a bit unique, at least I've never heard of anyone else with it. It's still quiet but much louder than before, and very clearly the engine's raw sound. I think I like it, but I don't have much to compare other than a full turboback and just stock which are both very different..

have u deactivated the starting vibration reduction?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Sounds fun!

I think my setup of the 1.8t muffler with no resonator and a downpipe is a bit unique, at least I've never heard of anyone else with it. It's still quiet but much louder than before, and very clearly the engine's raw sound. I think I like it, but I don't have much to compare other than a full turboback and just stock which are both very different..

Any drone at highway speeds?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Did you set 6cyl timing to 1?

He doesn't. I saw the CSV file. The first thing I tell anyone who starts messing with a map 6 is to read and learn everything first. His set up is way beyond a map 6. Read, read, read and learn. It can be dangerous otherwise. At least he's being conservative and asking the right questions

Last edited:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Recent log after changing plugs to RS7, map looks good to me from the little that I know, steady climb for the ignition and minimal timing corrections. My trims are getting close to 50 with FOL set to 70 already. Air temp was in the low 30's. Any tweaks suggested?

https://datazap.me/u/tplociniak/is20-19-psi?log=0&data=1-4-11-18-25-26-27

Failsafe 21
FOL 70

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Recent log after changing plugs to RS7, map looks good to me from the little that I know, steady climb for the ignition and minimal timing corrections. My trims are getting close to 50 with FOL set to 70 already. Air temp was in the low 30's. Any tweaks suggested?

https://datazap.me/u/tplociniak/is20-19-psi?log=0&data=1-4-11-18-25-26-27

Failsafe 21
FOL 70

Looks good. No downpipe? You can raise your FOL to 75 and see if that keeps your trims down a little bit

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
have u deactivated the starting vibration reduction?

I've done everything to the moon and back. I've heard that there was another level of traction control beyond what we've been able to disable with OBD eleven, but never had any confirmation of it until now. It's not like it cut the power much and I continued spinning through it, just not bouncing off the rev limiter.

Sounds fun!

Any drone at highway speeds?

I'm sure there would be drone at those frequencies if I could actually hear it at highway speeds, but the stock muffler makes it so when only cruising the wind and tire noise are louder. ;)

Slick99

Ready to race!
I've done everything to the moon and back. I've heard that there was another level of traction control beyond what we've been able to disable with OBD eleven, but never had any confirmation of it until now. It's not like it cut the power much and I continued spinning through it, just not bouncing off the rev limiter.

i did it by obdeleven n the way my car spin first two gears is crazy, sometime it hopped. i think its hurting my 0-60mph timings by bouncing off the rev limiter on first gear.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

I have mine completely disabled and when the traction control is off, it's off. I can spin in third and fourth on wet roads. My third only hoes to about 93 or so. Nothing flashes. When you turn off the traction control through the touch screen. The traction control light will be permanently on. Are you sure you are also turning the traction control fully off along with the starting vibration?

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Looks good. No downpipe? You can raise your FOL to 75 and see if that keeps your trims down a little bit

No downpipe, still have the stock one

I'll give the 75 setting a try, has anyone else noticed a stronger fuel smell when idling with the FOL setting raised?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I have mine completely disabled and when the traction control is off, it's off. I can spin in third and fourth on wet roads. My third only hoes to about 93 or so. Nothing flashes. When you turn off the traction control through the touch screen. The traction control light will be permanently on. Are you sure you are also turning the traction control fully off along with the starting vibration?

The light that flashed was in a different location than the traction control off light, and I didn't get a very good look at it other than it being the same color and rough shape as the traction control off light. I have definitely turned traction control fully off, and starting vibration reduction (I was one of the early ones with that). At the time I was only in the ASR fully off mode, not ESC off as well, but I don't think stability control usually intervenes when going in a straight line to reduce power...

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
F90991FB-90D3-4814-8CAE-36B703D0945F.jpegGot myself a Christmas present. Here comes e40, 18 degrees of advance and 27psi

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Oh man!! Looks like fun!

Slick99

Ready to race!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
New record for Gen3 1.8TSI

We finished the year with a bang pushing the 1.8TSI further than anyone at this stage.
Car was fitted with a hybrid IS20. Best previous run was a 12.1.

Engine management: JB4 only with Golf R injectors.

The Polo 6C GTI has proven to be the drag platform of the year. Considering its got a very weak DSG box and torque is limited this is a unexpected result.