3500 20
4000 21
4500 21
5000 21
5500 18
6000 17
6500 17
7000 16

log 5 and 6 were different i lowered it quite a bit but i forgot the numbers. still corrections all along. U think it could be spark plugs? my mechanic just regapped the oem ones.

https://datazap.me/u/crees9/is20-logs?log=0&data=1-4 (logs 3-5)
https://datazap.me/u/crees9/is20?log=0&data=1-4 log 6

which spark plugs u have, oem? gap shud be 0.024 i guess

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Hu? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying, but that's not what TwinDad said. Until peak boost it should be about the same as the IS12, definitely not more, then after peak boost (around 5000rpm) you can start to add more. I have two separate maps for different altitudes, but they both go to 3-4psi over my IS12 map by 6000 rpm. TwinDad is really giving pretty safe/conservative advice; with the IS20 on my super safe daily map I tend to peak ~1psi more than I did with the IS12 (even though I don't add any with the JB4), and I hold 3.5psi more after that without coming close to the limit of the car. I've pushed it a bit more and didn't see any issues, so I have no idea what my actual limit is. Of course I am stacked, and APR's tunes like boost a lot more than just a JB4 does, so maybe my advice doesn't apply.

I was also giving the advice based on that he was already running a downpipe for his is12 set up and had that tune pretty maxed out. I also think the fueling difference between a flash and the JB4 is a non issue once we figured out that the FOL can go higher than 60. A flash will give the speed limiter removed and that's about it. Left foot braking can be done stock. It's just the sequence you do it in. You have to let off the pedal completely, apply the brake a little but and then start pressing the pedal down again. The main and only reason an APR flash is seeing higher boost numbers is the timing difference. From 3,000-5,000 rpms I'm in the 6-9 degrees range my total advance at 6,500 is anywhere from 15.5-18.5.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
So is it a straight shot as in no danger of drilling into whatever is behind it? Once you drill the hole is it easily accessible from the other side?

Any chance you could post a pic?

There is stuff right behind it. You have maybe 3/4" of space. I think it'd the hvac. If you remove the lower panel by the drivers right leg, you can feel up in there with your fingers. You have to drill out the bottom left corner to have the room to fit the USB end through.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
log 3 and 4 were these settings

1500 15
2000 16
2500 18
3000 20
3500 20
4000 21
4500 21
5000 21
5500 18
6000 17
6500 17
7000 16

log 5 and 6 were different i lowered it quite a bit but i forgot the numbers. still corrections all along. U think it could be spark plugs? my mechanic just regapped the oem ones.

https://datazap.me/u/crees9/is20-logs?log=0&data=1-4 (logs 3-5)
https://datazap.me/u/crees9/is20?log=0&data=1-4 log 6

I think you'll need to lower from 4,500 on up. You're hitting over target. With the cold air on premium, you'll probably only see 20 psi with good timing. Winter gas comes into play as well. It doesn't burn as well. Trust me that it makes power though. Try to get a 60-100 video and see what you get. Start at 50 and then go to like 105. A stage 2 gti is right around 6. I'm at 6.5 at just 21 psi with the lazy automatic shift. Ironshade has a manual and can do it without a shift. He has gone a little under 6. The timing makes up for the boost and then some

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Last edited:

Slick99

Ready to race!
anyone update the firmware vw_jb4_obdII_5A?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
What does this update do?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Should help prevent overboost when shifting gears. I have yet to test it out because that means I am going 100+ and I don't really care to check that it is working. The update had no negative effects so I will assume it solved the issue.

It also has to do with future use D and setting it to 90. Remember that they were going for CARB certification. I don't want to say too much though.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I've downloaded both updates and installed successfully. I see files are first downloaded to the phone and then uploaded to JB4. Does that sound correct? If I delete files from Downloads folder on my phone after the update, does it impact JB4 in any way? The reason I ask is I see both files on JB4 app under Settings > Firmware. Once I upload them both and delete the files from my Downloads folder, files also disappear from JB4 app Settings > Firmware.

My other question, would JB4 let you install the same firmware update multiple times? The reason I ask, I installed the first update back in November and then again today and it didn't give any error or warning saying the firmware updtae already installed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited: