GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Venumous

Ready to race!
Someone with a JB4 needs to make a JB4 with DP vs an APR/ED Stage 2 car happen. I hope to run my buddy's now Stage 2 ED R soon.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Lol well I'll do JB4+DP versus ED IS38 and then JB4+IS38 versus ED IS38 within the next month or so I hope! That's going to be the fun one ;)

timsvr

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't want to sound like a dick, but all of the information is on the first page. On the website for ordering, there is a drop down for which unit you want. JB1 $379 or JB4 beta $429. All of these questions keep getting asked over and over and over. It completely clogs up the thread and adds useless pages to it. Please read first and then ask questions. Again, I don't want to be a dick, but someone has to. I'll take the bullet

Damn man. Stop being such a dick. ??

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Lol well I'll do JB4+DP versus ED IS38 and then JB4+IS38 versus ED IS38 within the next month or so I hope! That's going to be the fun one ;)

In for some results!

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Is there no actual status bar at the bottom of the software like it shows in the install guide for the software? I see map selection at the top right but the guide shows a status at the bottom left.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
No I've never seen one. I just wait and you'll know when it's saved

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
THe old software had the status window the new one doesn't as far as I can tell

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I didn't mess with it too much but I'll play with it today. I didn't want to start switching thing. Only thing I noticed odd is under the user adjustability tab for map 6 my settings for gear for example are 15. Please excuse my questions, just want to make sure everything is in line.

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I didn't mess with it too much but I'll play with it today. I didn't want to start switching thing. Only thing I noticed odd is under the user adjustability tab for map 6 my settings for gear for example are 15. Please excuse my questions, just want to make sure everything is in line.

Settings for gear? I do not see a value of 15 accept at the start of the boost table. Everything looks the way it should.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie

Settings for gear? I do not see a value of 15 accept at the start of the boost table. Everything looks the way it should.

Sorry i meant RPM, it was late when I posted that. So the map 6 boost value of 15 @1500rpm, is that 15 psi over stock? I've read this whole thread but still confused on that part.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

Sorry i meant RPM, it was late when I posted that. So the map 6 boost value of 15 @1500rpm, is that 15 psi over stock? I've read this whole thread but still confused on that part.

It cool easy to get confused. That is total value which is called absolute boost targeting, if the value at 1500rpm is below 10 it switches to add of stock psi.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Just got the JB4 installed today and is38 is going on saturday. Hopefully meth by march. Let me know if you any eurodyne stage 2 93 or is38 93 logs George!