GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, without reading the code it's impossible to tell if it's JB related or not. Let us know what the code is and hopefully we can help :)

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Do you remember the codes?

Pirate

Ready to race!
Nope :/ I was going to write it down but I forgot. If it pops up again I'll make sure to write it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTaiani

Ready to race!
Can someone enlighten me with some info about a meth kit and jb4 and how it all works etc..? I don't wanna wander through all 50+ of these pages lol also what power gains you get with the meth kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Meth will lower IATs and in a nutshell allow you to boost more. If we can get a bung post-throttle body, we'd get the added benefits of increased cleaning and octane, but since there are no adapter plates on the market yet, we can't get those :( you'll still get slight cleaning and increased octane but cooling is the primary benefit currently.

Hooking it up with JB4 allows JB4 to work as the failsafe board so if an error is detected, it reverts to map 4 (stock). I think it's map 4 as the backup iirc.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Perry01

Ready to race!
I saw it now through vagcom (p0087 code) First day with JB4 trying to learn.Perhaps I should reduce to 50 (Fuel open loop) Is 60 now.

Yes, this worked for me but keep an eye on your trims.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Check the user adjustment tab and half way down the middle column is the FOL value.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
hey guys, I got the CEL again. Code:3ad2

Never noticed before but I have the exact same code 3ad2. Same FOL setting of 60 (came like that from BMS). Gonna check with my OBDeleven when I get home from work.