GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Where did you get the sticker? I kind of wish they sent one with the JB4

Ordered it on the burger website but look in the BMW section though because VW tab only has JB1 sticker

gameaud

Ready to race!
Hey George whats the difference between map 1 in the JB1 vs JB4? Are the gains the same and does it feel the same?

Also those of you who connected plug D from underneath, could you go down there without using ramps or a lift if the car is not lowered?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Hey George whats the difference between map 1 in the JB1 vs JB4? Are the gains the same and does it feel the same?

Also those of you who connected plug D from underneath, could you go down there without using ramps or a lift if the car is not lowered?

Check the first port for gains. Map 1 will be similar gains, but hold more up top. You may be able to run map 2 as well which has significant gains.

Haven't done plug D from the bottom but hear you can remove the panel without lifting it. I've removed the panel and it does seem possible without jacking it up, but might be a little difficult for the back screws

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Did the Super Secret 1000hp sticker mod!

BMS needs to come out with a silver JB4 badge - would look clean and OEM'esque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Did you tint your tail lights? Looks good!

Yes they're tinted. Thanks! Used a light smoke film from eBay and applied with heat gun and some stretching of the film. Cut to fit on the edges with a razor blade.

apostoly

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes they're tinted. Thanks! Used a light smoke film from eBay and applied with heat gun and some stretching of the film. Cut to fit on the edges with a razor blade.

Would you mind linking it if you could?

timsvr

Passed Driver's Ed
New to this. Are we required to purchase JB1 and then the JB4 upgrade? Or is there an outright JB4 setup that can be purchased? Is it safe to say it is no longer a BETA?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
New to this. Are we required to purchase JB1 and then the JB4 upgrade? Or is there an outright JB4 setup that can be purchased? Is it safe to say it is no longer a BETA?

You can purchase a JB4 box, independently of the JB1. Clarify BETA please??

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

Went to their website last night and was about to order but all I saw was the JB1 for $379 then the JB4 for $125. I was going to ask the exact same question this morning. So, do we buy both units and the remove the JB1 board from the box and replace it with the JB4 board, or when ordering the JB1 now do we automatically get the JB4? Can the JB4 be ordered as a ready to go unit or do we have to 'mod' the JB1 into a JB4?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I don't want to sound like a dick, but all of the information is on the first page. On the website for ordering, there is a drop down for which unit you want. JB1 $379 or JB4 beta $429. All of these questions keep getting asked over and over and over. It completely clogs up the thread and adds useless pages to it. Please read first and then ask questions. Again, I don't want to be a dick, but someone has to. I'll take the bullet

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I am sure this has been answered a million times but do the JB units control timing or is that still up to the factory ECU?

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!
I am sure this has been answered a million times but do the JB units control timing or is that still up to the factory ECU?
It still relies on the factory ignition maps.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I don't want to sound like a dick, but all of the information is on the first page. On the website for ordering, there is a drop down for which unit you want. JB1 $379 or JB4 beta $429. All of these questions keep getting asked over and over and over. It completely clogs up the thread and adds useless pages to it. Please read first and then ask questions. Again, I don't want to be a dick, but someone has to. I'll take the bullet

Well I'll just have to pull my head out of my ass as I didn't see a pull down menu...