GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Not sure. I have to check out all the parts closer, but I'm thinking a 6" extender which you would tap into. I'd like to match up the stock sleeving so it looks OEM and maybe keep just one wire exposed you would positap, but would prefer to hide the tap if at all possible.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
George, I got my JB4 upgrade yesterday and installed it today. What map should I run initially? I was running my JB1 with 5.0 boost over stock. During the install I set the JB4 to map 2, is this where I should be? I am running 93 octane ans have an intake but that is it.

travicon

Ready to race!
George, I got my JB4 upgrade yesterday and installed it today. What map should I run initially? I was running my JB1 with 5.0 boost over stock. During the install I set the JB4 to map 2, is this where I should be? I am running 93 octane ans have an intake but that is it.

map 2 is good for 93oct and an intake(and DP if that's in your future).

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

Map 2 is good.

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
then again... cars fast af now lol and i want more. I'm thinkin that hunger saga will continue ? yall sound hella happy with yours! can't wait to get home this wkend and plug it in

RmayT

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
map1 sounds like it'll open the car up to what it's supposed to be if only vw wasn't such a doofenshmirtz when building it. worried bout goin up in maps with the stock clutch but just gotta be careful right? for example NO launching...

RmayT

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
map1 sounds like it'll open the car up to what it's supposed to be if only vw wasn't such nazi when building it. worried bout goin up in maps with the stock clutch but just gotta be careful right? for example NO launching...

RmayT

Less launching and less foot flat in 5th or 6th below 3000rpm. This is what puts most strain on the clutch.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
IMO launching on AWD is harder on the clutch. Takes a lot more feathering getting out of the hole if you don't launch hard enough. You'll be fine on map 1 or 2 if you follow George's advice :)

Venumous

Ready to race!
3 consecutive posts within a few minutes :confused:

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Did the Super Secret 1000hp sticker mod!

Attachments

• IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 661