GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Hey Lunchin do you know if you are going to go with the JB1 or JB4? I'm not sure if JB4 is worth the higher cost if I plan to stay stock hardware. JB1 has map 6 where I can change the settings to less power at lower rpm to hopefully preserve some clutch. Not sure if JB4 is worth up higher cost for tuning noobs like myself who don't even know whats the difference..anyone have any thoughts?

I'll most likely stick with JB1 with an Ultimate Racing down pipe with cat and resonator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I ran 12.995 @ 109mph (jb1/dp/semi slicks) and 13.76 @ 108.6mph on PSS's. JB4 should be able to trap 110-111mph no problem.

The DR/slick point isn't really accurate at all tbh. I hook up on the street with PSS's almost as good as I do with the Hoosiers on the track. When you are running on hard, slick, cold concrete vs. asphault there is a change in grip coefficient. The track up here is really poor for traction with radials (Luskville).
The DR's are slower than most good wheel/tire setups anyways by about 1-2mph. I am sure I would have hit almost/over 110mph with the street tires if I hooked up.

-Magner-

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I ran 12.995 @ 109mph (jb1/dp/semi slicks) and 13.76 @ 108.6mph on PSS's. JB4 should be able to trap 110-111mph no problem.

The DR/slick point isn't really accurate at all tbh. I hook up on the street with PSS's almost as good as I do with the Hoosiers on the track. When you are running on hard, slick, cold concrete vs. asphault there is a change in grip coefficient. The track up here is really poor for traction with radials (Luskville).
The DR's are slower than most good wheel/tire setups anyways by about 1-2mph. I am sure I would have hit almost/over 110mph with the street tires if I hooked up.

Jb4 will definitely trap above 110. I have been playing safe as I'm manual and on the stock clutch. What were your setting on jb1 to trap 108.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think he was map 1 at 5.4 or 5.6 during that run.

ZKK007

Ready to race!
Curious, has anyone been able to make a DIY harness for the AFR wire?

My car has been going to the dealer almost every 2 weeks for a headlight issue so I haven't tapped the AFR wire yet. I know the chances of them finding it is slim to none but would rather not have a lot of pin holes in the wire the the car visiting the dealer so often.

Mydixadryl

Ready to race!

My car has been going to the dealer almost every 2 weeks for a headlight issue so I haven't tapped the AFR wire yet. I know the chances of them finding it is slim to none but would rather not have a lot of pin holes in the wire the the car visiting the dealer so often.
Slide the harness sheathing back a few inches and connect the positap there. If you have to remove it, the sheathing will slide back over the spot and hide where you tapped it.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Jb4 will definitely trap above 110. I have been playing safe as I'm manual and on the stock clutch. What were your setting on jb1 to trap 108.

5.0 for the 108.6mph on streets and 5.6 for the 109mph on hoosiers.

I am manual on the stock clutch as well :D

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
roughly 18-20*C?

phobos512

Ready to race!

There are details on the custom O2 Sensor harness in this thread:

Burger Motorsport JB4 Information thread for R and S3

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=8367026&share_fid=7951&share_type=t

I don't remember which post, I'm sorry. But someone did figure out all the connectors and actually built it and it worked.

EDIT - POST 390

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZKK007

Ready to race!

rogerp1

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Pricing out the guy's parts is expensive since he's using repair wires, but I think just buying the pins with generic wire would cut costs a lot. I may price something out and see what I can come up with.

rogerp1

Pricing out the guy's parts is expensive since he's using repair wires, but I think just buying the pins with generic wire would cut costs a lot. I may price something out and see what I can come up with.

Terrific - I am sure lots of people would buy it from you.

Do you think the AFR 'connectors' are necessary? From what I can see only the O2 harness is needed and then positap from the JB4 can be used to tap the AFR wire.