GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for me and my GTI

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you got 45k miles out of the stock tires, you don't accelerate or corner as hard as you think you do. Nothing wrong with that, it's not an insult, just the reality of it.

You will happy with DWS06 or the MPSAS4

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
If you got 45k miles out of the stock tires, you don't accelerate or corner as hard as you think you do. Nothing wrong with that, it's not an insult, just the reality of it.

You will happy with DWS06 or the MPSAS4
I think the dws06’s have one trait I absolutely hate. Imo. The sidewall is too soft. It makes steering kinda less sharp feeling. Other than that I think it’s good.

the as4 sidewall is a bit softer than the as3’s+ but still stiffer than the dws06. Frankly the as4’s feel way better than most summer tires. Somehow.

but yeah if you’re getting that mileage you’d be fine with either. I went through two sets of 4S’s in 2020 myself 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think the dws06’s have one trait I absolutely hate. Imo. The sidewall is too soft. It makes steering kinda less sharp feeling. Other than that I think it’s good.

the as4 sidewall is a bit softer than the as3’s+ but still stiffer than the dws06. Frankly the as4’s feel way better than most summer tires. Somehow.

but yeah if you’re getting that mileage you’d be fine with either. I went through two sets of 4S’s in 2020 myself 😂
I went through 2 sets of RE71Rs last year. I know the feeling. Got about 300 miles out of each set. Lol

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I went through 2 sets of RE71Rs last year. I know the feeling. Got about 300 miles out of each set. Lol
I stopped buying r compound. It got too costly. I’d buy a set every 2-2.5 months. It sucked giving up better times.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I recently put Michelin AS4’s on my car. They replaced the AS3+ and are noticeably better in the snow. Costco for about $680.00 installed.
Same. And agree completely.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I Frankly the as4’s feel way better than most summer tires. Somehow
Well they are the standard tire on the new Vette after all!

nype

Drag Racing Champion