GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Best tires for me and my GTI

So my Pirelli's have 5/32 left on them, will probably ride out the summer with them and then toss them next summer. I have heard most GTI people say Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires are great. But all I'm concerned with is dry grip(I love to accelerate hard esp. w/my Stage 1 Tune, and I go around...
  2. B

Tune carry-over to new car?

So I have a Unitronic Stage 1 Tune and a UniConnect cable coming, I love my DSG but I drove a bunch of manual mk7 gti's today and I'm hooked back on 3 pedals. Since I just spent $750 on a Stage 1 tune for my DSG, I'm guessing I'd need to pay that $750 again to tune the new manual car if I got one?
  3. B

Unitronic Tune yesterday, already an EPC light?

I got my Unitronic Stage 1 tune yesterday, and posted to the forums about it. Picked up my car romped around and had a ton of fun. Notice turbo flutter when I would initially accelerate hard but I read up and people notice that stock sometimes, so I won't worry about that. But I had a friend in...
  4. B

Car completeled its Unitronic Tune - how to safely maintain it?

Just got the call from the dealer and the Stage 1 tune is done on my 2015 GTI DSG. I'm just wondering the do's and don'ts if there are any on a tuned mk7. Or just really am looking for guidelines on how to drive this car now so it stays in the best shape as long as possible. Otherwise I'll drive...
  5. B

Unitronic Stage 1 safe on 2015 GTI?

As we know, the early 2015 GTI's have turbo failure issues. I checked my revision and its a T revision. Car was built in November 2014. Not sure if I should veto my plans to go Unitronic Stage 1? Car has 46,000 miles on it and the powertrain warranty expires at 60k. Any help?
  6. B

DSG tune for Stage 1 Unitronic?

I'm trying to find info on this but I can't. My local Uni dealer said I do not need to do a DSG tune on Stage 1, but anything higher, I will need to. Is this correct? If I go 1+, will I definitely need a DSG tune?
  7. B

Stock Pirelli's have last a LONG LONG time!

So I got my 2015 GTI as a CPO unit last year, it has the same Pirelli tires it came with from the factory. They're P7 All Seasons. The car now has 45,000 miles on it and the tires are at 5/32 of tread left on all 4. These are original tires because I see the wheel weights are factory weights and...
  8. B

Leather heated seats take FOREVER compare to cloth

Has anyone driven a cloth equipped mk7(Golf or GTI, doesn't matter) and a leather equipped one and noticed a huge difference in warm up times with the heated seats? I'm apprenticing at a local VW dealer and a lot of the used cars are ex-rental base Golfs and I do get to drive some with leather...
  9. B

APR Downpipe before any tuning?

I just got my 2015 GTI, as a CPO unit through the VW dealer I work at. It's completely stock, and I am getting the mod bug. I would love to do a tune but I want to wait, and want to focus on noise right now. I am pretty loyal to APR, and want a downpipe from them, but I notice everyone who has...
  10. B

I'm BACK!(maybe)

Hi all, maybe 2 people would remember me and my history, but for those who don't I bought a 2017 Golf R last September, was floored with it and loved it to pieces. However, I only had the car for 4 months. Just 4. What happened was pretty much once a week for about 3 months straight, I had an...
  11. B

My 2017 is a lemon, and it's going away!

Some may be aware of the trouble I've had with my car in the first few months of ownership as it went through some driver assistance modules, injectors, high pressure fuel pumps as well as a few other items. In total I've taken 13 trips to the dealership for repairs and check engine lights. I...
  12. B

Windows Keep Fogging up as soon as I park!!!

It's about -14c in Calgary(7F) and it's like clockwork when I either arrive at work, or arrive at home, where I back my car into my spot, let it idle for about 5 seconds and shut off. During that 5 seconds the windows immediately fog up. I always have the climate control on Auto, set to about...
  13. B

Rallycrossed the R! And to those who think Halex is all FWD.......

So I was convinced by a friend to do some rallycross on a frozen lake, and do some ice racing! I paid the $70 and got a car number and was assigned to the AWD class and went around a very narrow and windy track as fast as I could and for my first time, I did awesome! My tires were not studded...
  14. B

High Pressure Fuel Pump Replaced = No More Lemon!

Gather 'round children, I'll tell you a story: I've been battling with my [no longer]stupid 2017 Golf R for about two months now(my whole ownership period, basically). Whenever I started it up and drove it from stone cold, the car would hesitate, misfire badly and set the check engine light off...
  15. B

Does Emergency Braking Actually work?

I was following a car the other day on a two lane highway and he had to turn off, I was slowing down with him and I was catching up to him since I just let off the throttle and didn't use my brakes, he was starting to turn and my collision warning popped up, and I got super close to the car, as...
  16. B

So....my R is complete lemon POS

I've been avoiding the forums for this subject since my area has a Facebook Page dedicated to MK7 owners with a couple hundred people, so I post my grief stories there. I got this car on September 14th, 2016. Ever since day 1 I've had a weird problem of the car bucking and lurching when cold. As...
  17. B

Didn't warm engine up before a good beating...

:o I'm a little embarrassed because I know it's a HUGE no-no to drive hard until an engine begins to hit operating temp. I've always done this...up until today. My R has 1,700kms on it. After thanksgiving dinner, friends and I got to talking about cars and they wanted to see mine, I just showed...
  18. B

To get winters...or to not?

First snowfall of the year hit Calgary today. I was going to run my all seasons but now I'm nervous to, especially with my Pret's. I have a set of 17" Nokian winters in storage, I just need rims. Anyone think I should get rims and slap them on?
  19. B

Blind Spot and Rear Cross Traffic error?

Before my commute this morning, I had to scrap my windows of frost. My whole car was covered but I just did the windshield and had the rear window on defrost. About 15mins into my 30min drive, I got an error on the MFD saying Blind Spot Fault and Rear Cross Traffic Fault. I thought it would be...
  20. B

Change ACC to have distance set where I last left it?

When I activate ACC, it goes to the 2nd or 3rd closest setting for following distance, however I like it to be on the closest one and it's a bit of a pain to change it every time. Is there a way in VCDS to change this?