GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG tune for Stage 1 Unitronic?

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
I'm trying to find info on this but I can't. My local Uni dealer said I do not need to do a DSG tune on Stage 1, but anything higher, I will need to. Is this correct? If I go 1+, will I definitely need a DSG tune?

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
1+ is still Stage 1, but is used to differentiate between 91 and 93 octane fuel availability and power.

Not sure why your tuner isn't recommending going with the TCU tune now (unless it's cost prohibitive for you or you simply don't want it), but theoretically you could certainly pair your Stage 1/1+ with a Stage 1 TCU tune right now. As you start to increase your power band the clamping force of the DSG clutch packs should be increased. Because of this, at Stage 2 power you'll definitely want to go with the TCU tune.

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
1+ is still Stage 1, but is used to differentiate between 91 and 93 octane fuel availability and power.

Not sure why your tuner isn't recommending going with the TCU tune now (unless it's cost prohibitive for you or you simply don't want it), but theoretically you could certainly pair your Stage 1/1+ with a Stage 1 TCU tune right now. As you start to increase your power band the clamping force of the DSG clutch packs should be increased. Because of this, at Stage 2 power you'll definitely want to go with the TCU tune.

Okay, still learning this all, but thankyou for the input. So pretty much for Stage 1, it's not necessary, just recommended. I think I'll skip it until I go stage 2, just because if the transmission can handle it all, I will just keep it the way it is.