GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by greens

1. G

FS: 2018 MK7.5 GTI S 6MT Black - 1 Owner - The Woodlands, TX - $25k

Sale price = $21,500 Mileage = 58,420 I purchased this car new in February 2019 from Volkswagen of The Woodlands in The Woodlands, TX with 7 miles on the dash. It has been obsessively taken care off. Redline 5W40 in it since the 1000 mile mark with the oil changed every 5000 miles after...
  2. G

Dealership Performed Work Without Divulging What They Did

The right front wheel bearing on my 2018 S failed at 18k miles and was covered under warranty.
  3. G

Manual vs. DSG

It's really easy. You either have to have a manual or you don't. I absolutely have to.
  4. G

Typical Interstate Speeds

I have the same issue. I don't do anything less than 80 and usually drive to and from work in the 90-95 range. Hit triple digits often but rarely exceed 110. I need to sell this thing and get back in to another Miata. That car at 80 felt like the GTI at 100. Sense of speed is so much greater...
  5. G

Weird jerky engine feeling? Lol

It's the car's way of telling you it would rather be in 2nd gear.
  6. G

Big Turbo GTI v. R Upgrade

Of course you can. You get the same motor in the S that you do in the Autobahn. I got my S for $24K. The R was $38K minimum. Haldex AWD + 60hp + an extra 300lbs isn't even remotely worth $14K.
  7. G

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

I was under the impression that you lucky people in the UK/EU already had MPI from the factory?
  8. G

Do you guys ever top off with e85

I put two gallons of E85 in before filling the rest with 93 each time. Still on the stock tune but noticed how much it helped with timing not being cut and a much smoother idle so have continued using it.
  9. G

IC Upgrade: Consensus on FMIC vs IC

On APR's site it reads the following. So no cutting but just way more of a PITA install?
  10. G

Golf R Fans on GTI

Which IC did you go with? I'm in Houston and have gone two summers now with the stock IC. I'm determined not to go a third.
  11. G

Transmission Fluid for 6MT

That's a shame considering his brilliant mind. Whenever I see someone with obtuse usage of quotations dissing a pertinent platitude all I can think is what a cogent tryhard.
  12. G

The G052527A2 VW fluid is a straight SAE 75W. The Ford fluid is a 75W90. They're both the same 75W. The Ford fluid becomes a 90W at full temp. A 90W is not twice as thick as a 75W. This isn't a 75W140. nonegiven should call up DAP and tell them they have no clue what they're doing and should...
  13. G

Thank you for confirming my assertion.
  14. G

It's painfully obvious you're the one clearly not familiar with fluid weights and VIS numbers.
  15. G

It is GL-4 with an extremely high VI. It's a top quality fluid and excellent choice for our MT. https://k-mansparts.com/images/XTM5QS_Product%20Data%20Sheet%20Full%20Synthetic%20Manual%20Transmission%20Fluid.pdf Excellent choice. I used it on three different Miata in the past and have been...