GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird jerky engine feeling? Lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah bucking would be the best way to describe 🙃🙃 I’ve heard people complain about the engine mounts before. Maybe a stupid question but could it be clutch related? I mean it doesn’t slip or anything. It’s more so annoying than anything. Just hoping it won’t turn into something worse

When you feel the bucking exactly what are you doing?

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
They're basically the same.
It happens with a manual trans when you're in too high of a gear for the speed and RPM you're going.
I've noticed that my car jolts when I go over a speed bump. It was the same thing in my last car, assuming that's normal correct?

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Well I see you have a DSG but I have seen it happen to my friend's DSG going very low speed over speed bumps. When you go over the speed bumps it's almost as if the clutch is slapping the flyhweel on and off.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I see you have a DSG but I have seen it happen to my friend's DSG going very low speed over speed bumps. When you go over the speed bumps it's almost as if the clutch is slapping the flyhweel on and off.

I don't know if you're serious or not but it sounds like you're going over speed bumps too fast and then in the wrong gear for the speed and RPM.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I don't know if you're serious or not but it sounds like you're going over speed bumps too fast and then in the wrong gear for the speed and RPM.
Do not let my signature fool you, I am being genuine. I go over speed bumps at ~5 mph in first gear and the car rocks back and forth.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've noticed that my car jolts when I go over a speed bump. It was the same thing in my last car, assuming that's normal correct?
Is your foot still on the gas pedal when you go over the bump?