GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for me and my GTI

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Still connecting to an old AT&T Microcell? In my experience, you'll get better performance just connecting to WiFi than that old turd. Disconnect it and give it a shot - far better performance with iPhone + WiFi than the old Microcell.

Hahaha, good catch. Its connected to wifi and i connect it to Mcell for mobile signal. I live in a valley and mobile signal is terrible here. So far i have used it for 3 years in both of my apartments and i am happy with the performance.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I would echo your comments as well. Only downside was little softer sidewall which wasnt a big letdown for me.

Yes, I agree. But that makes them a bit more pleasurable to drive on shitty roads. I am willing to give up a bit of stiffness and initial turn in for better overall ride qualities of a slightly softer side wall.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Yes, I agree. But that makes them a bit more pleasurable to drive on shitty roads. I am willing to give up a bit of stiffness and initial turn in for better overall ride qualities of a slightly softer side wall.

For everyday driving, i am very happy with those tires.

shimwrecker

Passed Driver's Ed
I always like to throw the BF Goodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S into the mix. Typically rated top 3 (#2 behind MPS A/S 3+ on Tirerack). Good price. Best looking.

I had these installed on Tuesday. This tires are what should be on the car from the factory. The shop next door said the sidewalls are stiff and you can tell. Cornering is much improved and the car feels more athletic at all times. Ride quality is still good. The tread is aggressive and there is rim protection.

These tires are a great deal

nype

Drag Racing Champion
With the BFGs, did you guys go 225 or 235? On stock wheels?

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I had sets of A/S3+ and Extreme Contact DWS 06 on my mk6. The Conti's lasted longer and gave as good a ride as the Michelins, and are cheaper. I liked both, but I'll buy DWS again and again.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I am having my Michelin A/S3+ put on this afternoon.
I will report back.
I WAS going to buy the Contis., but tire rack had a rebate on the Michelin's that actually made them a tad cheaper, so that is ultimately why I bought them.

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
I will say, I do have Michellin X-Ice winters for my car, so as soon as I see the forecast turning nasty, I swap tires, so really they will only be used for summer duty. From what I can tell from everyone here, the Michellins offer superior grip, but wear out quicker, Conti's maybe less grip but wear longer. I do like Continental tires, even their run-of-the-mill ContiPro Contacts on my old Jetta were actually a very solid tire. What about Cooper or Toyo tires?

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
i've had two mk7 gtis' and my original had pirelli's. i was very happy with them. did 30k on em... my new gti has hankooks venus s2's and i find them noisy in comparison. i'd buy the pirelli's again in a heartbeat.. but for what it would cost, i'll just turn up the vol instead ;)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I am having my Michelin A/S3+ put on this afternoon.
I will report back.
I WAS going to buy the Contis., but tire rack had a rebate on the Michelin's that actually made them a tad cheaper, so that is ultimately why I bought them.

Well? [emoji41]

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm looking at Bridgestone re71's read and heard a lot of good things about them, I'm just looking to get the rubber to stick to the ground, it don't get cold here, or ever rain and I only average like 10-11k miles a year.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm looking at Bridgestone re71's read and heard a lot of good things about them, I'm just looking to get the rubber to stick to the ground, it don't get cold here, or ever rain and I only average like 10-11k miles a year.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Great tire but have read that noise csn increase also.
But the trade off for grip will be good.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Hahaha, good catch. Its connected to wifi and i connect it to Mcell for mobile signal. I live in a valley and mobile signal is terrible here. So far i have used it for 3 years in both of my apartments and i am happy with the performance.

But if your phone supports WiFi calling, then you don't need the Microcell for the cellular connection any more - AT&T (and iPhone) have supported WiFi calling for years now. Just enable the feature in the settings on your phone and throw that old turd away. And it will work better, I can assure you. Been there, done that.