GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Do you guys think this is possible? I'm not sure if it will fit with the dump and the exhaust tunnel size... http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ELECTRIC-...ash=item20ddd18775:g:SpwAAOSwnONZCDAh&vxp=mtr
You may be able to fit that in the place right before the rear suspension if you haven't put a resonator/muffler there. Deutsche Auto Parts discussed an exhaust cutout on one of their videos, may be worth a watch before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
At the risk of sounding too much like a dad...(lol)...

Man I dunno. Aren't you already shooting flames? You sure you wanna do that under the car instead of out the back? Are there fuel lines under there? Other crap that could burn?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was planning on pointing the tip down to the ground and only popping it open when it's needed on the highway or whatever. This car is slowly going to get stored away once I get the CTS Boss kit. Only thing holding me back is waiting for Eurodyne to release the base file. I wanted to install it on the down-pipe, but I come to realize it won't work on the APR because I would have to remove my gutted cat and and that has the bung for the o2 sensor. I don't want a 3" cat-back either because at times its enjoyable when the car isn't loud cruising around.

http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_cast_downpipe_20t_mqb_fwd.html#

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The valve you posted is too wide to fit nice. I'd look into other something different and mount it just before the suitcase muffler. The resonator doesn't quiet it down anyway

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm going to give this muffler a try on a catted/resonated dp with stock resonator.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-mf1226/reviews/

I read that someone used this muffler with a DP, stock resonator and deleted stock muffler and he swears by it. He says it is a tad quiter than the stock muffler but with no drone and deeper/meaner tone. It is super cheap too.

So I had the stock suitcase muffler deleted and had the max flow muffler installed while keeping the stock resonator. It was a bit droney and boomy for my taste which goes to show how objective exhaust sound preferences can be from person to person because I bought this muffler on the recomendation from someone that states it wasn't going to drone. After driving around for 30 minutes I went back to the muffler shop and had the vibrant resonator replace the stock one. Drone was lessoned and it doesn't sound half bad and am fairly satisfied. Pops/gurgles seem to be pretty non-existent now though.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
So I had the stock suitcase muffler deleted and had the max flow muffler installed while keeping the stock resonator. It was a bit droney and boomy for my taste which goes to show how objective exhaust sound preferences can be from person to person because I bought this muffler on the recomendation from someone that states it wasn't going to drone. After driving around for 30 minutes I went back to the muffler shop and had the vibrant resonator replace the stock one. Drone was lessoned and it doesn't sound half bad and am fairly satisfied. Pops/gurgles seem to be pretty non-existent now though.

Yeah one thing I don't see people talking about is the IS38. There is a significant difference in drone between the IS20 and the IS38.:)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If I had a is38 I'd gladly share input lol, anyone wanna donate? Oh and I'll need a clutch and IC upgrade as well.

Anyway, yes this is a very subjective topic but for MOST people with MOST mods the Vibrant 17930 and 17950 kick ass at killing drone

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Here it is, will go in at the bend prior to the muffler.

Attachments

• 20170825_195305.jpg
    20170825_195305.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 687
  • 20170825_195326.jpg
    20170825_195326.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 672

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Here it is, will go in at the bend prior to the muffler.

That's the 18inch one correct? Please post pics of install as I want the same once I get a DP to ensure my magnaflow isn't droning

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
That's the 18inch one correct? Please post pics of install as I want the same once I get a DP to ensure my magnaflow isn't droning

That is the 12". I have already replaced the factory res with the 18" but still have a bit more drone than I prefer. I am adding this to the rear and see if it changes the tone a bit. It's all an experiment for me.

So far adding a BB Timbre cylinder at the bend prior to the rear muffler in addition to the factory resonator provides the best solution so far.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27305

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That is the 12". I have already replaced the factory res with the 18" but still have a bit more drone than I prefer. I am adding this to the rear and see if it changes the tone a bit. It's all an experiment for me.

So far adding a BB Timbre cylinder at the bend prior to the rear muffler in addition to the factory resonator provides the best solution so far.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27305

You should just daisy chain resonators all the way back.