GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOT DRONE?

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
This will take care of it!

I tried the Vibrant resonator with poor results. I saw Billy Boat uses Helmholtz technology which got my attention. I spoke with Mike Boat and he was confident adding this to my exhaust would work. I ended up adding it to the area at the bend right before the rear muffler inlet, same place I tried the Vibrant resonator.

Night and day difference, drone is reduced by at least 90% and some would say I was crazy and I have zero drone but I am picky. I looked inside the cylinder and see how it is designed differently to get a noise cancellation effect. Very quality piece that works!

Update: My new observations are the drone is 50% reduced from before. Still miles better than the Vibrant resonator but I'm still not drone free. I may try a totally different rear section. I have a hunch my rear suitcase muffler maybe causing my issue.

Update #2: Seems the cylinder has settled in and can say is got better! So I would say 75% drone gone from before. I am very picky with any type of drone so to many they would say I have zero drone. For those with a bit more drone than you want I highly recommend this one!

There is a 2.5" and 3" version:

2" Version Here

3" Version Here

Attachments

• Screen Shot JPEG2.jpg
    Screen Shot JPEG2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2,183
Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I have done the Vibrant and a CTS catted DP l. It sounds better and quiter. Now I'm thinking of doing a switchable test pipe before the muffler haha

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
I was about to order the ultra quiet , so thanks for posting this. I don't know where to place it...Original I was thinking the back section of my downpipe , but may look into the area you have it on.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Do they make a 3" version?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Nice, thanks!

Swoope

Ready to race!
funny,

i have been following this for my other car, thanks for the posts.

beers

xl1200r

Ready to race!
From the pictures, this just looks like a straight through muffler with packing. Am I mistaken? This doesn't look like any helmholtz chambered muffler I've seen before.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
I tried the Vibrant as well, It actually made my drone worse, I removed it and it is better than with it but still horrible at low RPM high load. CTS DP and Magnaflow CB, I plan to try this solution. Thanks for the info.