GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cracked my front sway bar

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Hit a pothole the other day and later heard some clunking under the car. Funny thing is it didn’t even feel that different going around turns and such. Got a visual on it today. Not fun.

Gallery - https://imgur.com/gallery/gleQQhP

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
What brand?

Eurocode is correct. Ive had it on about 2 years or so, I think. Edit: It went on November 2017.

I emailed them yesterday and they replied this morning saying they’d ship a new one out Monday and asked for my order number... problem is I also told them in the email, clearly, that I bought new but not from them. I had asked if they wanted it for any type of failure analysis. I bought it a forum member who bought their front and rear kit and didn’t want the front.

So I asked them to re-read the email and let me know how they want to proceed...

Seems to me, based on how it looks, that the bar twisted and eventually broke/tore/snapped.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Heard back from Eurocode, they are still willing to replace it even though I am not the original buyer, which is very nice of them. I've given them the original buyer's info and they're going to try to look up the order.

Can't complain about that type of service. I'll update as more happens.

That is great service. As I read these types of things I make notes for future purchases from a trusted company.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
That is great service. As I read these types of things I make notes for future purchases from a trusted company.

Copy/paste of what they sent me just now:

We strive to provide a great customer experience. There are times we fall short, but our model is to do what we can in our power to correct that. You have had trouble using one of our products, and the last thing we want is for you to feel that you have no support. :)

^
That’s a a company I’d always give my business to.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Copy/paste of what they sent me just now:

We strive to provide a great customer experience. There are times we fall short, but our model is to do what we can in our power to correct that. You have had trouble using one of our products, and the last thing we want is for you to feel that you have no support. :)

^
That’s a a company I’d always give my business to.

Thanks for that. If they sell something that I want I'll certainly consider them.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
They had the same issue with Neuspeed hollow bars on the Mk5s. I thought the industry would've caught up with that by now.

I ran a hollow Neuspeed rear bar for 8 years on my mk5 Rabbit with no issues but also remember stories of the bars breaking. Didn't stop me from buying a hollow Hotchkis rear sway for my mk7.5.

In this case it sucks that it happened on the front since it's that much more work to replace vs the rear.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
EuroCode has continued to provide exceptional service to a customer who didn't even buy from them or one of their vendors. They have shipped me a replacement bar at no charge even though they couldn't find the original order under the name or email of the person I bought it from here on the forum.

It will arrive tomorrow. A+ for these guys.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
EuroCode has continued to provide exceptional service to a customer who didn't even buy from them or one of their vendors. They have shipped me a replacement bar at no charge even though they couldn't find the original order under the name or email of the person I bought it from here on the forum.

It will arrive tomorrow. A+ for these guys.

thats really great
good on them

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
I ran a hollow Neuspeed rear bar for 8 years on my mk5 Rabbit with no issues but also remember stories of the bars breaking. Didn't stop me from buying a hollow Hotchkis rear sway for my mk7.5.

In this case it sucks that it happened on the front since it's that much more work to replace vs the rear.

Agreed on this. Knew of plenty of folks with the hollow Hotchkis bars on MINIs who never had a problem. Maybe Hotchkis does something different, or maybe the others were bad batches. *shrug*

Nice to see Eurocode holds that level of support. Definitely something to try and keep in mind.