GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Facts about Stock numbers for Golf R

Russooo

Ready to race!
So I just want to know if anyone has run a dyno to confirm that DSG Golf R stock actually puts out the 292Hp as listed by Vw , a GTI owner is trying to say that it only actually put out around 265Hp when tested on the dyno , which is barely over what the GTI sport puts out at around 230hp ... Now is this GTI OWNER just SALTY that he wasn't able to put down the extra 10k and get the Golf R or is he actually right & Vw is lying to us and our Rs really dont put down as much power as it says .. Because if that's the case than I would be pissed I paid that much extra money just for a AWD car that still shows it true colors as a Fwd bias car at times

Last edited:

Mahojda80

Ready to race!
265 sounds like it would be around what a Dyno would tell you & every Dyno is different; some are heartbreakers. Dyno numbers are always lower because they give you wheel horsepower vs at the crank so the GTI owner is probably quoting the WHP of a stock R.. Dyno a GTI & you'll see numbers closer to or just under 200. I think it's 15-20% drivetrain loss. I don't have Dyno numbers from when I was stock, but here's one for my R with APR S1 91 HO tune & APR CAI + TIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yup to the wheels is 260 ish. Just take stock HP and times it by 85 percent and you get around your wheel hp

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
generally VWs are underrated from the factory. So GTIs are more like 220WHP, R's should be like 270AWHP considering increased drivetrain loss due to AWD

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
As GolfWang said, VW has been underrating the GTI. Their advertised crank horsepower numbers are closer to the actual WHP rating. Not my dyno sheet, but this is a stock MK7 GTI with 229WHP and 273WTQ. That's approximately in the 260hp /300TQ range at the crank. I'd assume the Golf R is similarly underrated and is probably making closer to 300WHP.

Attachments

• IMG_5226.JPG
    IMG_5226.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 8,056

aspgfr

Car(s)
vw golf r
So I just want to know if anyone has run a dyno to confirm that DSG Golf R stock actually puts out the 292Hp as listed by Vw , a GTI owner is trying to say that it only actually put out around 265Hp when tested on the dyno , which is barely over what the GTI sport puts out at around 230hp ... Now is this GTI OWNER just SALTY that he wasn't able to put down the extra 10k and get the Golf R or is he actually right & Vw is lying to us and our Rs really dont put down as much power as it says .. Because if that's the case than I would be pissed I paid that much extra money just for a AWD car that still shows it true colors as a Fwd bias car at times
there salty even if i hp is less the awd system still makes it better no slip with grip the gri finna be squeling while the golf r is going and has grip

Madrv1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Drove the GTI and immediately started following thinking about what I wanted to do to it... So I got a he R. It was only 3 months and I did stuff to it. Both platforms are great... It comes to where you can start. I do hate the wheel hop of front drive cars