GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R has loose driver's seat

Da_Knob

Hi all. I've had my 17 limestone grey R for a month now. Absolutely love the way it drives and looks. The only problem I have is with the driver seat. It rocks, clicks, and moves when i take corners. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been to the dealer once already...they say they checked everything and torqued some bolts? If anything it is worse...seems like the power seat is moving in the bottom bracket. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow...this is irritating.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Haven't heard of this, but can you move the seat by twisting the bottom of it at all? If so, I'd imagine it is a loose bolt or two. Hopefully the seat itself is not defective.

JCG

Passed Driver's Ed
my back seat was loose when i got mine, was making sounds when i hit bumps They replaced some shit underneath 1st before they figured it out

Da_Knob

I just got back from my second dealer visit. They agree with me. The only problem...they have to order a whole new seat base.
He said they will need my car for 2 days as they have to pull the leather off the seat to replace the base...apparently its a big job.

Da_Knob

Haven't heard of this, but can you move the seat by twisting the bottom of it at all? If so, I'd imagine it is a loose bolt or two. Hopefully the seat itself is not defective.

They tried checking the bolts at the bottom of the seat...all were tight to spec. It seems to twist and tilt inside the lower bracket. You really feel it taking corners...its shifts/creaks/crunches left to right and front to back.

jamie93581

I have the same problem in my 2017 R! The dealership wasn't able to replicate the problem the first time I brought it in. I am quite short and sit with the seat very far forward and high, so they thought that might be causing the problem. They tightened everything up anyway, but the problem is still there. They told me they would compare it to the next R that arrived there and would let me know if it's normal or not and I never heard back from them. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

databurst

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I am having a similar problem. The seat base would move a bit if I twisted in it or while driving. Dealership said the snugged up the bolts to spec and it helped the front of the seat but the rear seat base feels like its still and issue.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I have this problem also. The seat base shifts slightly and makes a clunk sound when turning sometimes and sometimes when accelerating, coming to a stop or reversing.

Doesn't happen consistently enough for me to bring to the dealer. Super annoying.

crimson tide

Same problem here with my brand new 2017 R. The dealer ended up ordering a new seat frame and it fixed the problem. Sounds like a common problem for some reason.

Da_Knob

Same problem here with my brand new 2017 R. The dealer ended up ordering a new seat frame and it fixed the problem. Sounds like a common problem for some reason.

Yup...that is the resolution from my dealer too. They ordered a frame...and I am booked for a 4 hour appointment. Service guy says they have to pull the leather up and off the seat and its a big job. Its still clicking and clunking under hard cornering and acceleration...but its less annoying to me given the dealer has acknowledged the problem (after 2 visits). Supposed to be fixed next week. I'll let everyone know if that remedies the problem...