GOLFMKV

who has upgraded from APR stage 1 to 2

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
Why did you stage 3? How does it feel?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Worried future mods would close in on Stage 2 torque rating, want this to be one and done.

Big difference in pedal feel when I first hopped in, much heavier than stock, and caught right off the floor. Expected both and still stalled it when I went to leave. But learning curve was almost immediate, and both pedal weight and catch point have backed off a bit after 250 miles. Now everything feels exactly like I was hoping it would; short shifter, cable bracket, shifter bushings, and stainless clutch line went in at the same time. Looking forward to wrapping up suggested break in, guessing IS20 will be a lot more fun with a clutch that doesn't slip.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Worried future mods would close in on Stage 2 torque rating, want this to be one and done.

Big difference in pedal feel when I first hopped in, much heavier than stock, and caught right off the floor. Expected both and still stalled it when I went to leave. But learning curve was almost immediate, and both pedal weight and catch point have backed off a bit after 250 miles. Now everything feels exactly like I was hoping it would; short shifter, cable bracket, shifter bushings, and stainless clutch line went in at the same time. Looking forward to wrapping up suggested break in, guessing IS20 will be a lot more fun with a clutch that doesn't slip.

The IS20 will be a lot more fun with a proper clutch. I'm swapping my wife's TSI soon to an IS20 and I know the clutch won't hold up. I'm still on the fence on whether to go stage 2 or 3. I'm worried about the heavy pedal feel or more so having to hear about it.

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
The IS20 will be a lot more fun with a proper clutch. I'm swapping my wife's TSI soon to an IS20 and I know the clutch won't hold up. I'm still on the fence on whether to go stage 2 or 3. I'm worried about the heavy pedal feel or more so having to hear about it.

Not going to lie, it's pretty heavy to start. Easing up already but I could see it scaring someone if they're not expecting it.

I can already see myself getting sucked into wanting more down the road so Stage 3 made sense. As is Stage 2 would've been fine.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Not going to lie, it's pretty heavy to start. Easing up already but I could see it scaring someone if they're not expecting it.

I can already see myself getting sucked into wanting more down the road so Stage 3 made sense. As is Stage 2 would've been fine.

I had a BFI Stage 3 in my GTI and it was brutal. My wife is little (100 pounds) and it would almost lift her off the seat. I'm hoping for something with less pedal pressure. I'm thinking I may be into a stage 2.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Stage 2 for me had zero increase in pedal effort, and considering I broke my transmission with my stage 2 clutch holding the power just fine I don't see any reason for the stage 3. This doesn't apply for those of you with awd because you have the transmission out of the golf R so it can hold a lot more power.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 for me had zero increase in pedal effort, and considering I broke my transmission with my stage 2 clutch holding the power just fine I don't see any reason for the stage 3. This doesn't apply for those of you with awd because you have the transmission out of the golf R so it can hold a lot more power.
Is that a south bend stage 2?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i