GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

GTIeng

Lol, in the world of VW, nothing is certain. The only way to really know, is to know. You can never trust any official sources of information about VWs. Not the dealers, not VW themselves. It is par for the course for them to publish incorrect information about their cars. And also to post what is supposed to be correct information, but then mess up on a certain batch of cars (Example, 2017 SE was supposed to have LP/PP standard, but the first batch of 2017 SEs didn't have LP. some people had their cars bought back for this reason).

I'm new to the VW world, but I'm starting to see this. I'm going to assume my car is an SE because of all the features and also because I know it's not an autobahn (2 doors and no auto climate).

GTIeng

FWIW, 2015's and 2016's could be ordered with some of those options and still be an "S" model. Sunroof and leather give it away as probably an SE, whereas climate control along with the aforementioned means it's most likely an Autobahn.

PP/Kessey/LP were offered on some "S" models. I looked at a used 2016 w/ lighting and PP amd Kessey, but was still an "S" trim. No sunroof, Fender or leather. I ended up buying a new 2017 Sport since I wanted, PP, LP, Kessey but not the other stuff.

Interesting! It would be neat to have one of these. Maybe I do! :D

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
They won't be properly matched as the stock dampers will be permanently preloaded 1.6" that it wasn't designed to do.

Can the stock dampers be used with the ED springs? Yes, but the (already not very long lasting) stock dampers will fail much sooner on the ED springs.

If your car is not new and already has a bunch of mileage on it, it would be more cost & time efficient if you get properly matched shocks done at the same time to save a bit on labour. Unless of course you are providing the labour and don't mind doing that work a second time in the not too distant future after spring install.

How about the sport springs VW sells for Golfs on their website? Will they lower it to about GTI ride height or even more? I'm trying to make my Golf look a little more aggressive without voiding the warranty.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
How about the sport springs VW sells for Golfs on their website? Will they lower it to about GTI ride height or even more? I'm trying to make my Golf look a little more aggressive without voiding the warranty.
I have the VW Driver Gear springs for my 7.5 GTI and am super happy with them. Total of about 1 inch drop without a sacrifice in ride quality. It will prpbably be more of a drop if you put them on a Golf.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
any springs will not exactly void wtty...no matter what you put in if they are responsible for problems it's your problem. If your Turbo fails springs ain't at fault.

vlad0821

I have the following question ; can i have both the DRL (led) and low/high beams on at the same time ? At the moment the DRL turn off when the low beam comes on .

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 241

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have the following question ; can i have both the DRL (led) and low/high beams on at the same time ? At the moment the DRL turn off when the low beam comes on .

Yes you can with obd11 or vcds. But what am I looking at? How did you get your inner lights to light up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Errr... never seen that before. I see you’re in Romania? In the US at least, DRLs are outer U lights in LED. Inner U has no LED (unless an R) and only has a faint dot light in the middle. I can look up the coding in my notes but not sure if that would help you.

vlad0821

I found this on a forum, but i don't know if it's the right coding . Anyone mind taking a look at this and telling me if it's the right thing .

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 288

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

I’ve seen these “poor mans” xenon headlights before as an option on lower trim levels but never in GTi trim with the red strip, are you sure they are genuine OEM lights? Romania should get the usual European spec, so it seams a little strange that they have the red stripe!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I found this on a forum, but i don't know if it's the right coding . Anyone mind taking a look at this and telling me if it's the right thing .

This coding may work but it depends if your DRLs are set to 0% when headlights are on in that channel, if they are you can raise the % and they will light up with dipped beam.