GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The headlights are OEM factory option. You have 3 choices: halogen / mid spec bixenon without U drl and AFS(mine) / Bixenon with U DRL and AFS.

The GTi has full xenon headlights as STANDARD equipment in Europe, there is definitely no halogen option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vlad0821

when i bought the car in 2016 there was a halogen option as standard, my headlight option was somewhere around 700-800 euro and the top of the line headlight was around 1300 euro.
Here is my spec.
5G1 941 040 A
5G1 941 039 A

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Jens0n

Go Kart Newbie
Interior question on the R, do the rear doors and door sills have the same blue ambient lighting as the front?

No =o(
Only in the front

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
when i bought the car in 2016 there was a halogen option as standard, my headlight option was somewhere around 700-800 euro and the top of the line headlight was around 1300 euro.

Ok, it must be an Eastern European market specific specification, similar to the North American spec that is intended to keep the cost of the base GTi down.

TheRealStanki

I actually like it. But 50% of the time it vibrates my windshield/dash and the vibration/rattle is unacceptable. So I keep the car in Individual mode with engine set to Normal and Steering in Sport.

For some reason my car doesn't accept the security code to allow me to turn the Soundaktor volume to 50% through VCDS, or else I'd just do that and keep it in Sport all the time. My car doesn't let me do a lot of things in VCDS -____________-

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/9553-soundaktor-rattle-how-to-guide-pics-inside/

Might look intimidating but honestly super easy. I’m not very mechanically inclined, and it took me total about 15 min. This was after I asked the dealer to turn the volume down and none of the techs there even knew what it was. WOW (Clay Cooley VW in Richardson TX)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Stage 2 hardware

What parts are needed to get my car from stage 1 to stage 2? I know a downpipe is a necessity and a clutch a must (i have both lined up and purchased). I plan on this car being around for a while. Want to hear some considerations since most people give a bare minimum laundry list.

Thanks

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Stage 2 hardware

What parts are needed to get my car from stage 1 to stage 2? I know a downpipe is a necessity and a clutch a must (i have both lined up and purchased). I plan on this car being around for a while. Want to hear some considerations since most people give a bare minimum laundry list.

Thanks

Technically all you need for the stage 2 is the tune and the downpipe. I would add that usually the clutch starts slipping within 20k of stage 2. A lot of people overlook the intercooler early on. You need this is you want to use your new hp often, otherwise your stock IC will get heatsoaked.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Technically all you need for the stage 2 is the tune and the downpipe. I would add that usually the clutch starts slipping within 20k of stage 2. A lot of people overlook the intercooler early on. You need this is you want to use your new hp often, otherwise your stock IC will get heatsoaked.

Ok [emoji108] any intercooler recommendations ?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Is there a way to play DVD audio, or is the disc player CDs only?

My friend ripped Europe '72 to a DVD for me. It's more Grateful Dead than I wan't on my iPhone, but I'd love to have access to it from the DVD.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/9553-soundaktor-rattle-how-to-guide-pics-inside/

Might look intimidating but honestly super easy. I’m not very mechanically inclined, and it took me total about 15 min. This was after I asked the dealer to turn the volume down and none of the techs there even knew what it was. WOW (Clay Cooley VW in Richardson TX)

Woah you're the man. I can totally do this. I've been forcing myself to "man up" :cool: up DIY things. So far I've been decently successful.

Thanks for the link!