GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Do you happen to have the p/n's for these components?

I hate to be that guy who says "read the thread", but, you should really read the thread. Not just for the principle, but the MIB2 retrofit is a rather hefty project, and if you want to take it on you will want to read the thread in its entirety not only for detailed instructions, but there are plenty of user experiences that you can learn from as well.

For your question specifically, the OP wrote a great how-to, including part numbers, on the first page.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I hate to be that guy who says "read the thread", but, you should really read the thread. Not just for the principle, but the MIB2 retrofit is a rather hefty project, and if you want to take it on you will want to read the thread in its entirety not only for detailed instructions, but there are plenty of user experiences that you can learn from as well.

For your question specifically, the OP wrote a great how-to, including part numbers, on the first page.

thanks and i'm aware of the OP. Given the investment here I was just hoping to confirm these p/n's from another source.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
thanks and i'm aware of the OP. Given the investment here I was just hoping to confirm these p/n's from another source.

kewl.

well, if it's any help, here are the parts I purchased:

MIB2 Glovebox headunit - 3Q0035844A
MIB2 6.5" screen - 3G0919605H
MIB2 Amp - 5g0035456
USB Aux Plug/harness - 5G0035222E

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
kewl.

well, if it's any help, here are the parts I purchased:

MIB2 Glovebox headunit - 3Q0035844A
MIB2 6.5" screen - 3G0919605H
MIB2 Amp - 5g0035456
USB Aux Plug/harness - 5G0035222E

Don't have the exact pns I ordered handy but I bought exactly what OP's post said so they should be the same

BJAsayHEY

Hi everybody. First time posting here. Used this guide to complete my MIB1 to MIB2 swap about six months ago. Had a buddy remove component protection but never got around to buying FeC for app connect. Well I have finally purchased the FeC for app connect and would like to get that installed plus also see if voice controls can be reenabled on my unit. Seems like Jack is the man to see for help on this. Can anybody share how I can reach him?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Hi everybody. First time posting here. Used this guide to complete my MIB1 to MIB2 swap about six months ago. Had a buddy remove component protection but never got around to buying FeC for app connect. Well I have finally purchased the FeC for app connect and would like to get that installed plus also see if voice controls can be reenabled on my unit. Seems like Jack is the man to see for help on this. Can anybody share how I can reach him?
I'll shoot you a PM with Jack's contact info.

Bad news though, sorry if you were misinformed but Jack cannot activate Appconnect using the FeC code you purchased, he has to buy it himself and that will be part of his install fee.

It's been all but determined that the code you have is useless, at least in the US.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BJAsayHEY

I'll shoot you a PM with Jack's contact info.

Bad news though, sorry if you were misinformed but Jack cannot activate Appconnect using the FeC code you purchased, he has to buy it himself and that will be part of his install fee.

It's been all but determined that the code you have is useless, at least in the US.

Thanks for help. Thankfully I was able to return the FeC I purchased with 20% restocking. That was my fault for not reading the whole thread but I got lazy. I spoke with Jack this morning and we are all good besides me having a VAS 5054A. Does anyone have one they would be willing to lend or sell?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Thanks for help. Thankfully I was able to return the FeC I purchased with 20% restocking. That was my fault for not reading the whole thread but I got lazy. I spoke with Jack this morning and we are all good besides me having a VAS 5054A. Does anyone have one they would be willing to lend or sell?
Yes I'll sell you mine if you still need one.