GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Very cool. No pun intended. I won’t make excuses; anyone can look at the data and make their draw their own conclusions. We’re lucky as enthusiasts to have so many options.

For sure, like I’ve said several times all of the options for IC upgrades will definitely be a good improvement over stock. It’s great that we have dozens of them to choose from to fit any preference or budget :cool:

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Ambient vs. Intake (IAT)

Ambient may be called 'Outside Air Temperature'

I checked the Cobb website and "Ambient Air Temp" is on their list of available parameters. However, it's unfortunately not showing on my Accessport (with latest firmware installed). I looked for similar names, but couldn't find it. It's not a huge deal or whatever, but if anyone else is able to log ambient temperature with Cobb, let me know what parameter name on the Accessport I should be looking for.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I checked the Cobb website and "Ambient Air Temp" is on their list of available parameters. However, it's unfortunately not showing on my Accessport (with latest firmware installed). I looked for similar names, but couldn't find it. It's not a huge deal or whatever, but if anyone else is able to log ambient temperature with Cobb, let me know what parameter name on the Accessport I should be looking for.

That's strange. Shows up on mine. :confused:

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Weird. Wonder if it's a Golf R vs GTI thing. Maybe I'll just give Cobb a shout and see if they know what the deal is.

I can prob save you some time. I emailed COBB support about this back in April and was told there definitely should be an ambient parameter. The support rep said a fix should be available with next update in a few months. Hope that doesn’t delay the TCU tune any further ;)

Hotfart

Ready to race!
I can prob save you some time. I emailed COBB support about this back in April and was told there definitely should be an ambient parameter. The support rep said a fix should be available with next update in a few months. Hope that doesn’t delay the TCU tune any further ;)

Thanks! I already emailed them, before I saw your message though.

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Installed a Mabotech Bicooler, here's a log in ambient 91 F. Very consistent, I did at least 8 pulls in the same session. Didn't have to trim the grille to fit mine, bumper fits but the cooler does touch the grille a bit, don't see it being an issue so didn't cut.

https://datazap.me/u/ziptiez/twintercooler-log?log=1&data=1-4
4th pull in the session (Had my AC on the entire time, woops)
E30 (ish) mix with 91 ACN
CTS Intake & Catted Downpipe
JB4

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Installed a Mabotech Bicooler, here's a log in ambient 91 F. Very consistent, I did at least 8 pulls in the same session. Didn't have to trim grille to fit mine, bumper fits but it does touch the grille a bit, don't see it being an issue so didn't cut.

https://datazap.me/u/ziptiez/twintercooler-log?log=1&data=1-4
4th pull in the session
E30 (ish) mix with 91 ACN
CTS Intake & Catted Downpipe
JB4
Not bad! How much does that set up cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Was on sale before for $600 shipped I believe
Not too bad I will have to keep that on my radar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
CTS FMIC went in yesterday, really not a bad install. Photos below just for fun. I'll get some logs on here once I have a chance to get them (and the rain stops), but it looks to hold around 10-20 degrees over ambient when in the boost, so a huge improvement from stock, which was showing 30-50 over ambient in similar conditions.

Also fun story, this is my friends family shop (small side business, mostly for personal use now). I've know this guy for 15 years, never once mentions that he OWNS A MUSTANG DYNO. Seriously, right?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Oddspyke,
Take some longer logs if possible.

That was just third gear from 30 to 100. It'll be challenging to find conditions where I can stay in it longer than that safely, if you know what I mean.

I think I also forgot to mention it's on the Cobb stg3 ots map, which is very boost heavy, 26-27 psi peak. I'm starting a tune with Stratified though, so I'll post more logs when that's done.

Also, I wish more people included ambient temperature on their logs. A lot of these logs don't tell you much without that bit if info.