GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

front passenger footwell leak? maybe?

Hypo

I've had my Mk7 since October, we're over 10,000 miles and I have the honeycombed all weather GTI mats... so when I noticed two spots on the floor on the passenger side (I NEVER have a passenger) it made me wonder WTF?

Has anyone seen this? some kind of leak out of an AC compressor or fan or water leak from... I don't know what.... that would be over on that side? I'm going to lay down some dry paper/cardboard and see if it's leftovers from someones wet feet or whatever, but it never goes away, which makes me think its something with the car...

thanks!

Mk620T

Ready to race!
In my TT 225 when I'd plow through huge puddles a bit of water would occasionally make its way into the footwell area. Mostly a really small splash - was barely noticeable and I decided to ignore it.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you have a sunroof have your dealer check the drain tubes as well, just in case, if they get clogged water may get in the cabin.

Hypo

Thanks everyone. I cleaned off my mats, let them dry and laid out a paper to catch and mark where it was dropping and I have not been about to reproduce in the last 2 weeks of rain and daily AC driving... must have been leftovers from oily feet?? I'll continue to watch it though. a little perplexing, but maybe the simplest answer is the right one.

Kevrev

Have a 2015 GTI w/36K Mi and a VW CPO warranty. Took it to car wash today(automatic w/brushes) and while I was vacuuming the passenger side I noticed a moderate leak of water coming from somewhere under glovebox. So previous poster, I think theres a quality issue here with the sealing most likely.