GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Subwoofer Replaced w/ JL 13.5 inch Slimline Sub in Custom Box By Uber Stealth

Mk7PureWhite

I recently got the same setup in my gti and it sounds great but only when it's loud. Now i mostly listen to my music loud but when it's not it seems that the subwoofer isn't even being used. I'll then proceed to turn it up and then it'll take a few seconds to kick in and play fine. Does this happen to yours as well? If not do you know what's wrong with mine?

neutro

Now i mostly listen to my music loud but when it's not it seems that the subwoofer isn't even being used. I'll then proceed to turn it up and then it'll take a few seconds to kick in and play fine.

It really looks like your amp has an auto-on feature, i.e. it turns on only when the input level reaches a thresholds, and turns off when there is no signal for a while.

So either the threshold is too high for the amp to turn on when you listen at low volume, or the gain on the line level could be set higher. There are two competing line levels standards by the way (0.9 and 2.0 Vrms); maybe your amp can be set to either and is on the 2.0 Vrms input while the input is in fact 0.9 vrms.