GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Subwoofer Replaced w/ JL 13.5 inch Slimline Sub in Custom Box By Uber Stealth

bobbygti

I know it's only been a few days, but I just ordered the box. I'm planning to get a JL 10tw3 sub & JL JX500/1D amp once the box comes in. I wanted to see if the wiper rattle issue has been addressed, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Augie
My solution for now is turn it up so loud you can't hear the rattle. Hahaha. Jokes aside, once the snow calms down here I'm going to take it back to Chris over at Driven to see if he could work some magic.

DrJay42

Passed Driver's Ed
Once the box came in I reached out to Chris over at Driven Mobile Electronics in Chantilly, VA. ( If you live in the DMV area, you can’t go wrong with Chris. His Yelp ratings are through the roof and I can’t say enough about how professional and passionate he is about his work and customers.) Chris was able to fit the amp and line out converter right under the passenger seat. I originally bought the LC2i converter but he ended up using one of his own that was smaller, better and cheaper than the LC2i. The best part about all of this is there no knob to adjust the level of the sub. It uses the native audio system controls!

I met with Chris thursday after talking to him on the phone and I couldn't agree more. He's a great dude and very passionate about what he does. I've got an S without the fender upgrade and plan on replacing everything. I planned on buying expensive replacement component speakers and he talked me into buying cheaper component speakers that he is a huge fan of.

DrJay42

Passed Driver's Ed
I met with Chris thursday after talking to him on the phone and I couldn't agree more. He's a great dude and very passionate about what he does. I've got an S without the fender upgrade and plan on replacing everything. I planned on buying expensive replacement component speakers and he talked me into buying cheaper component speakers that he is a huge fan of.

And i live an hour and a half away from his shop!

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
My solution for now is turn it up so loud you can't hear the rattle. Hahaha. Jokes aside, once the snow calms down here I'm going to take it back to Chris over at Driven to see if he could work some magic.

My uber stealth box is still on order, but I wanted to double check on the rattle. I don't know if the snow has died down, but I suspect that amp and sub hit plenty hard. Would turning down the gain @ the amp alleviate the rattle?

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my sub and box setup and it is perfect! The box sits in the spare easily. No rattles from anything either.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
Were you able to remember the line out and what amp wiring kit, you used? Your set up would be nice to mimic! Also, did you get the rattle squared away?

bobbygti

My uber stealth box is still on order, but I wanted to double check on the rattle. I don't know if the snow has died down, but I suspect that amp and sub hit plenty hard. Would turning down the gain @ the amp alleviate the rattle?
I still have the rattle. Just haven't had time to go back and get it fixed.

I'm actually thinking about selling the car soon. :/