GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering springs question

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got me a new 3 door mk7. 5 now I'm having hard time locating eibach springs for it other option is H&R sport.
Question is are the h&r to low for a DD with winter driving in mind.
1.3 h&r vs eibach Pro at 1 inch

Any input would be great, and I'm sorry if this was asked already.

Ps I'm in Canada Collingwood area

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Where the heck is Collingwood?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
VW sells Driver Gear springs for the Golf. Have you considered these?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If you're looking for a mild drop...you can always look for some stock GTI springs. They'll lower the Golf about ~.5 inch. You can probably get a used set for dirt cheap.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No, had no idea VW sold lowering springs but if they do I bet bit expensive.

Check with your dealership. I think I paid $320 CAD.

Part number: 5G4071677E

They are “made for” the Golf and VW won’t hassle you warranty wise. They fit the GTI as well, but VW doesn’t recognize this and they can be sticky about it.

I have them on my GTI. Moderate drop. Car rides great.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
If you're looking for a mild drop...you can always look for some stock GTI springs. They'll lower the Golf about ~.5 inch. You can probably get a used set for dirt cheap.

Or I could sell you my stock GTI springs. [emoji106][emoji2532]

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Check with your dealership. I think I paid $320 CAD.

Part number: 5G4071677E

They are “made for” the Golf and VW won’t hassle you warranty wise. They fit the GTI as well, but VW doesn’t recognize this and they can be sticky about it.

I have them on my GTI. Moderate drop. Car rides great.
Ok so my VW dealership found the springs they actually have some available at 319$ plus tax.... Now how is the drop as in how low do they go?
Can't find much info

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Ok so my VW dealership found the springs they actually have some available at 319$ plus tax.... Now how is the drop as in how low do they go?
Can't find much info

I also have Driver Gear springs and am very happy with them. There is a thread on here dedicated to DG springs so you will find alot of info there. When I first installed mine it was about a 3/4 inch drop. Now it has settled it is about exactly 1 inch. Keep in mind this is on a GTI which is a tad lower than the Golf to begin with. This picture isn't the best angle but gives you an idea.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I echo this. Same experience with the DG springs on my 16 GTI.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
I also have Driver Gear springs and am very happy with them. There is a thread on here dedicated to DG springs so you will find alot of info there. When I first installed mine it was about a 3/4 inch drop. Now it has settled it is about exactly 1 inch. Keep in mind this is on a GTI which is a tad lower than the Golf to begin with. This picture isn't the best angle but gives you an idea.
That looks good, can u do me a favor and measure the distance from top arch of the wheel well to ground, mine is 27 inch as it sits with half a tank all around.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
The end result/height will be the same though...the Golf will just have more of a drop
(say 1.5" lower versus stock on a Golf & 3/4" lower versus stock on a GTI)
And that is what I thought...so for my base golf I'll get 1. 5 approx drop, ok im gone order a set cos it seems like best choice so far.
Thanks