GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering springs question

tknj99

Ready to race!
I also have Driver Gear springs and am very happy with them. There is a thread on here dedicated to DG springs so you will find alot of info there. When I first installed mine it was about a 3/4 inch drop. Now it has settled it is about exactly 1 inch. Keep in mind this is on a GTI which is a tad lower than the Golf to begin with. This picture isn't the best angle but gives you an idea.

Can you comment on whether the DG springs increased handling/cornering performance? or is it more for show?
I already have a RSB and curious to see if this would make handling even better. thx

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok placed order on DG springs should be here next week but have to wait for week after to install...wife is planning a road trip next weekend lol

Will post pics before and after.

Thanks for all the help

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ok placed order on DG springs should be here next week but have to wait for week after to install...wife is planning a road trip next weekend lol

Will post pics before and after.

Thanks for all the help

Smart man [emoji106][emoji2532]

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Can you comment on whether the DG springs increased handling/cornering performance? or is it more for show?
I already have a RSB and curious to see if this would make handling even better. thx
The handling improved slightly I would say. Less body roll but not by a huge margin. I have them paired with a 24mm H&R RSB and its perfect IMO.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Smart man [emoji106][emoji2532]
Lol I think I ordered VWR racing line springs now that I have double checked the part number....well they do have awesome reviews on here
VWR31G7ML part number by Racingline

They come with shorter bump stops and that is a plus.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Lol I think I ordered VWR racing line springs now that I have double checked the part number....well they do have awesome reviews on here

Ok I take it back. Lol

Kidding of course. Hope they work out for you

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie

VWRs are legit :)

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Eibach pro is the way to go for sure. The car will be low enough but the tires don't tuck underneath the fender. Just perfect imo. There are in stock in the usa

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Just took some pictures for you. My car is dirty and in the garage and it is night time FITW lol helping you make an educated decision :)
I have the eibach pro springs, you should also replace the spring bearing while at it.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Just took some pictures for you. My car is dirty and in the garage and it is night time FITW lol helping you make an educated decision :)
I have the eibach pro springs, you should also replace the spring bearing while at it.

That looks awesome, we'll vwr are in the mail now so will see how it goes, my car only has 400km its only a week old lol by the time I install springs it may have 1000km on it, I did try to locate eibach but with no luck for 1.8T version.

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
VWRs are legit :)

That is awesome...cant wait to lower my 3 door looks like springs in next week but can't do it till following weekend, and let's hope snow stays away but for now will be on my stock 15s and winter tires.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That looks awesome, we'll vwr are in the mail now so will see how it goes, my car only has 400km its only a week old lol by the time I install springs it may have 1000km on it, I did try to locate eibach but with no luck for 1.8T version.

The VWR's will get you lower, BUT we were recommending the DG springs since your car is new (re: warranty) and you aren't changing out or upgrading the struts/shocks. The DG springs were designed to work with the OEM Golf struts/shocks

Whereas with the VWR springs...with your "lowly" Golf struts/shocks the ride quality won't be as good. They'll physically work, but don't have high expectations

TLDR: you should've done the install once/correct & upgraded the struts/shocks too with the VWR springs

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
The VWR's will get you lower, BUT we were recommending the DG springs since your car is new (re: warranty) and you aren't changing out or upgrading the struts/shocks. The DG springs were designed to work with the OEM Golf struts/shocks

Whereas with the VWR springs...with your "lowly" Golf struts/shocks the ride quality won't be as good. They'll physically work, but don't have high expectations

TLDR: you should've done the install once/correct & upgraded the struts/shocks too with the VWR springs
That is good to know, I did read up on the VWR and it states that they are made for stock struts but like you said won't get the same benefit as if using gt suspension.
Either way I keep you posted once done and personally hope they will be fine as DD let's just say ride quality won't be any worse than my 07 Yaris on teins and kybs and 2 inch drop lol

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely need to get her to car level not suv as it sits now, so hope the VWR springs do it as for warranty I'm not worried cos it would only void struts and most places wouldn't even know or care around here.

Can't wait to install them, installed my snow tires today so ready for winter...i still want to get me some rallyarmo mud flaps.