GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
damn. well live and learn I guess, there's always the next pair of shoes.

Indeed. I mean your current setup is barely any different from stock, which is 18x7.5 ET49. The only bit you gain is the .25", or 6mm from the width of the barrel. Considering the flush kits are 15MM front/20MM rear, and the ET 35 is 13mm + 6mm from the barrel, it's 4mm more up front and 1 MM less in the back. (compared to the flush kits)

I personally prefer to have as little bullshit as possible going on with my wheels, so the look is perfect to me without introducing the possibility for vibrations with spacers etc. Only way you could do it better is to run a staggered setup lol

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Indeed. I mean your current setup is barely any different from stock, which is 18x7.5 ET49. The only bit you gain is the .25", or 6mm from the width of the barrel. Considering the flush kits are 15MM front/20MM rear, and the ET 35 is 13mm + 6mm from the barrel, it's 4mm more up front and 1 MM less in the back. (compared to the flush kits)

I personally prefer to have as little bullshit as possible going on with my wheels, so the look is perfect to me without introducing the possibility for vibrations with spacers etc. Only way you could do it better is to run a staggered setup lol

Makes sense! I saw the flush kit and thought it's a little too far out on the front if I lower, trying to avoid messing with camber too much if/when I lower it. I'm not too unhappy with the front, it's not bad. comes out to like 7.5mm more out than stock but rears need minimum 10 more mm for the look i want.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Anyone tell me how bright the OZ Leggera wheels are? I'm looking for the brightest silver wheel i can find.

i've got oz race silver, and on a good day it's more of a very light grey than a silver. It's a color that blends well with brake dust, though, so I just don't ever bother deep cleaning them and they look matte grey.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
It's not very bright, it's a little darker than OEM Pretoria color. It's very dependent on lighting but at brightest it's a light metallic grey. Here it is in 3 different lighting conditions
Anyone tell me how bright the OZ Leggera wheels are? I'm looking for the brightest silver wheel i can find.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Also thank you @sandmanGTI for the inspiration!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Still love mine after 3 years.
Reminder on brightness for member who asked.
Each day they get darker between washes the more brake dust builds up. ;)

Also depends on lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
My contribution:

Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5 ET45 (18.1 lbs according to their website) on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/18

These look amazing! What are your impressions of initial quality? I have a set of neuspeeds I'm thinking of going away from to the SS RF03RRs.. how's the finish?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
TSW Bathurst 19-8.5 et 45 think weight on them is about 20.8lb with Firestone Indy 500 235/35/19
Installed yesterday. I was concerned being lowered on HR Sport Springs and jumping up to 19’S but for the little I’ve driven so far it’s not too bad!
No regerts here ��

How are these holding up?
Thinking maybe these would be good for me as they look super bright.
I'd be looking at the same size 19x8.5 et43. I take it these would have no issues fitting over the standard Golf R brakes but wondering if there is plenty of clearance if i wanted to fit a BBK without spacers later on.
Also did you have to use a ring hub adaptors with these wheels and do you need new bolts or can you use the standard ones?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

t2-squared

These look amazing! What are your impressions of initial quality? I have a set of neuspeeds I'm thinking of going away from to the SS RF03RRs.. how's the finish?

Haven't seen the Neuspeeds up close before, so can't comment on how the SuperSpeeds compare, but honestly can't complain about their quality given how inexpensive they are. The wheels are more of a dark matte finish (as opposed to gloss), which is great for hiding the copious amounts of brake dust this car makes.

dynastyss

Ready to race!
Haven't seen the Neuspeeds up close before, so can't comment on how the SuperSpeeds compare, but honestly can't complain about their quality given how inexpensive they are. The wheels are more of a dark matte finish (as opposed to gloss), which is great for hiding the copious amounts of brake dust this car makes.

Thanks! Are they the black or titanium color? The website is hard to tell the color differences.