GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Wanted to share a company I just came across up here in Canada that are doing lightweight flow formed wheels in both 18" & 19" sizes for our cars. The 19" 5x112 fitments are available in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 sizes, and et32 / et45 offsets, with multiple finishes. They're currently sold out of a lot of product, but are expecting a new batch in the spring (plus it looks like they're releasing a new flow formed model this winter).

The three models available are:

RF01 (HRE FF01 Style) 19" - 19.7lbs for 19x8.5

RF02 (Vorsteiner FF105 style) 19" - 19.7lbs for 19x8.5

RF003RR (Volk ZE40 Style) 18" - 18.1lbs for 18x8.5

By the way, I have no affiliation with the company but just wanted to share because it's pretty rare to see a budget friendly lightweight flow formed 19" wheel for our application. I'm grabbing a set of either the RF01 or RF02 for next season. For a 19x8.5 set up here in Toronto, we're looking at around $1000 CDN ($770 in USD). I've seen a lot of the Civic Type R guys getting the RF03RR wheel in 18x9.5. They look awesome in person.
Would be helpful if you told us what company this is.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Light af. Pretty sure there's 3-4 guys on here running those. I vaguely remember seeing posts on them before.

I could admittedly be late to the game. Would love to hear about them if anyone has them on this forum. My local wheel shop has them all on display and they look really impressive for the money.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I could admittedly be late to the game. Would love to hear about them if anyone has them on this forum. My local wheel shop has them all on display and they look really impressive for the money.
They look solid but I went with nuespeed just because it's a better known brand since they are mostly my track shoes.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
They look solid but I went with nuespeed just because it's a better known brand since they are mostly my track shoes.

No harm in that. Neuspeed is good.

I like what Superspeed is doing. Niche has a few similar designs but their 19" wheels are like 27lbs. No reason for that these days IMO. A lot of the reason we used to pay out the tailpipe for expensive wheels was due to them being lighter and stronger. Flow forming kinda neutralized that to some extent. Don't think I could go back to a normal low pressure cast wheel as a result.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
18x8 OZ Leggera et48

So far I love em. 2 things I kind of wish were different are 1) wish the finish was a bit darker and
2) that the offset was a little lower (43)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
18x8 OZ Leggera et48

So far I love em. 2 things I kind of wish were different are 1) wish the finish was a bit darker and
2) that the offset was a little lower (43)

48? i've got the 18x8 ET35's in bronze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
48? i've got the 18x8 ET35's in bronze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I was on the fence about et35s... Thought the front might be too far out so I got nervous, but awesome if its working for u, I might throw a 10mm spacer in the back when I change the suspension

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Yeah I was on the fence about et35s... Thought the front might be too far out so I got nervous, but awesome if its working for u, I might throw a 10mm spacer in the back when I change the suspension

IMO, et35 is perfect in the front, et35 with a 5mm spacer would be perfect in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk