GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
Plenty of chatter about this with the 7speed not shifting as aggressively as the 6speed predecessor.

DSG tune would probably do the trick.

My 2019 GTI with DSG doesn't DSG fart. Not even when I manual mode upshift at high rpms.

Why not? What can I do to make it fart?

Do you have a Soundaktor? I couldn't hear it on my brother's R till he turned the Soundaktor off. Now it farts during upshifts all the time.

Yeah, I turned the Soundaktor off ASAP when I got the car.

Is your brother's R a 2019 model?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Looking for some "wallet friendly" tires. Right now it's down to general tire as-05 and nitto motivs. Is there one better then the other or a better tire out there sub $120?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looking for some "wallet friendly" tires. Right now it's down to general tire as-05 and nitto motivs. Is there one better then the other or a better tire out there sub $120?

The firestone Indy 500s seem to be liked by many if you’re looking for a summer tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I will be replacing my stock tires soon and it has 1500 miles on it. Would you be interested?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I will be replacing my stock tires soon and it has 1500 miles on it. Would you be interested?

What is RB and AB in your "Drives:" section of your profile?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
RB - Rabbit
AB - Autobahn

Thanks, always wondered. I see people talking about certain sub-categorizations of the GTI sometimes and didn't even know there were different ones. I can't even find an example to better explain what I'm talking about. Something about chassis code or something maybe?

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Can a dealership list the car you just bought as being for sale after you've signed the purchase agreement?

I traded in my GTI for an R at the end of Sept. At that time, of course, all purchase paperwork (loan, trade-in, etc) was signed by both parties. They're having difficulty with the credit union that is financing the car, in that they're not accepting the loan paperwork as-is because it doesn't adequately/clearly identify the lien holder on the GTI they're taking on trade. Someone is coming by (I'm an hour from the dealership so they're doing this as a convenience) on Thursday so I can sign an amended purchase agreement that will now include what the credit union stipulated before they would release funds for the loan I will be taking out.

Given this, how and why can the dealership re-list the car? They don't even have possession of it, and if I'm correct in assuming they can't take it back any more than I can take my GTI back. Has anyone ever experienced their car being re-listed?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Can a dealership list the car you just bought as being for sale after you've signed the purchase agreement?

I traded in my GTI for an R at the end of Sept. At that time, of course, all purchase paperwork (loan, trade-in, etc) was signed by both parties. They're having difficulty with the credit union that is financing the car, in that they're not accepting the loan paperwork as-is because it doesn't adequately/clearly identify the lien holder on the GTI they're taking on trade. Someone is coming by (I'm an hour from the dealership so they're doing this as a convenience) on Thursday so I can sign an amended purchase agreement that will now include what the credit union stipulated before they would release funds for the loan I will be taking out.

Given this, how and why can the dealership re-list the car? They don't even have possession of it, and if I'm correct in assuming they can't take it back any more than I can take my GTI back. Has anyone ever experienced their car being re-listed?

To clarify, did the dealership remove R listing after you bought the vehicle and relisted it again recently or did they just not remove it from their webpage from end of sep. If it was the second scenario, some dealerships are not diligent in updating their inventory online.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
To clarify, did the dealership remove R listing after you bought the vehicle and relisted it again recently or did they just not remove it from their webpage from end of sep. If it was the second scenario, some dealerships are not diligent in updating their inventory online.
That's exactly correct. It was just put back up 2 days ago.