GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

turbo inlet snafu

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Tried to get the pcv hose off the stock inlet pipe but it won't budge. Then tried to replace the stock inlet pipe but it doesn't seem to line up. The bottom tab is twice the length of the side tabs and I can't seem to get that tab past the aluminum part to get it back in. It was strangely difficult to get off and now I know why. The plastic contacts the aluminum on the turbo and you can see it is scuffed up on the end. I thought about filing the stock piece down to size but if...

... Can I leave the stock piece off, with the pcv hose attached and under the hood for two weeks? My car has a date for tuning on the 7th. They can get this thing off for me. I can get the CTS inlet installed and it has a vacuum cap for the pcv hose bib. I assume the pcv hose will just vent to open air for the time being. Will the car still run ok like this?

This is a view of the bottom tabs on both parts:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'm sure CTS made them to fit.They may have given you one for another car.Phone the tech at the supplier and ask them why it doesn't fit.Save you a lot of time

The CTS piece fits great. It's the stock piece that I was having trouble with. In any case, it's on now.

Dan_G

I have a 2019 and just put a CTS inlet on. The trick is getting a small pick or very small flathead under the tab looking area while pulling really hard. You'll need to remove the entire PCV block but it will work. Just pry a bit while pulling hard.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I have a 2019 and just put a CTS inlet on. The trick is getting a small pick or very small flathead under the tab looking area while pulling really hard. You'll need to remove the entire PCV block but it will work. Just pry a bit while pulling hard.

OK, I will give that a try.

Get under the pcv hose with a small flathead and look for the little levers to release.

Operator error. My apologies, sir.