GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Nice job on polishing. You're fast. I usually do it over a course of a few days. Probably 24hours total to fully detail a car inside and out.
In 6 months I'll probably strip the HydroSilex, polish, and reapply. I really want to be able to stretch things out over the course of a few days' work, but unfortunately every time I do it it's on borrowed time. My garage (pic for reference) is far too small to work in, so I borrow use of my fiance's dad's. So I have a full day to get as much done as I can before heading home. I'm happy with the results, but would definitely choose to do it properly if I could.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
I actually did it yesterday but I installed my Autotech HPFP internals and then ran some logs for Ed over at EQT. I was maxing the pump out around 25 psi in colder weather on 93 so it was a must to upgrade.
Time to turn the boost up [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Today I parked next to a real race car

BabblingBafoon

Ready to race!

Finally actually drove my car for the first time since flipping the subwoofer and placing the spare on top.

There is definitely a difference! Feels tighter to me… less “boomy”, and probably slightly amplified, but I don’t have a recent comparison, so could be placebo.

At any rate, certainly by no means worse, and you get the added benefit of being able to get right to the spare without having to remove the sub. :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Pics of working on the spare tire tool tray. I bought a 2’ x 4’ Kaizen Foam that was 2-1/4” thick. I actually bought two just in case, and after I cut the first one trying to fill the whole trunk I realized I would have been better off using the two long way and splitting it in the middle. It would have been SO much cleaner than how this turned out, but it was too late once I realized this. However, once the lid is on, you don’t see the mess in the very back, so no big deal.

For the initial shape, I simply used the cardboard box the foam cane in to create a template to know where the notches needed to be.

For the tool slots, I simply traced the tools and used a utility knife to cut down into the foam layers and peeled the foam out. You want it to be snug, so it takes a little trial and error to get them right, but super easy to do.

Oh man, this is just the best thing. I was thinking some time ago that I wish there was an actual place to put the tools, because that big is all in the way, and then you do the smart thing.

I am totally doing this

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Had Jack activate navigation on my MIB 2 non-nav to nav retrofit. 8" matte screen was finally installed a few days ago, no daytime pictures of it though. Took almost a month to get the brushed silver Gold trim.

Attempted install of AID but I need to get a new battery tender. Haven't used mine since moving from overseas, it no longer works, haha. Normally Jack does all the coding for me with engine running but this isn't possible with a new instrument cluster because of immo, obviously. Started the process once but when the battery got somewhere below 12.5 volts it kicked him out. Process is not resumable so we elected not to waste any more time.

In other news, my nav card is V5. From what I can tell this is the latest card available for MIB 2 Americas. Note the 3G0 which matches the first 3 of the MIB 2 part number. I found V7 cards but they were 5NA which I believe is the first 3 of the MIB 2.5 main unit part number. It seems VW is hesitant or flat unwilling to update people's navSD cards but it is definitely possible as Jack did it for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My 2018 came with V5.
Sounds right, I remember reading threads for people with older MIB 2 vehicles having trouble with getting updated cards. When VW would run their VIN it would give a part number for the card with a two-letter extension that corresponds to the version their car came with. It's not hard to source the other cards, the one I bought only cost me $25 shipped on eBay. But I think those other people had no luck with Volkswagen even if they bought an updated card on their own.

Last edited:

Exiwolfman

Passed Driver's Ed
Just switched map's on my Jb4 ,was on map1 gone try map2 on 93 octane should be fun , map1 definitely woke the TSI 1.8t right up .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Over the weekend, but got my GTD front seats in. Gonna get them professionally cleaned and treated with some sort of protectant. Anybody have any suggestions?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got the driver window one touch switch replaced under warranty and found out my water pump is starting to leak.

etmanning

Ready to race!
Changed my cabin air filter for the first time. Supposed to every 20K miles. I was a bit overdue at 24K.

The filter cost $11 after tax at AutoZone and took 5 minutes to install. Nice easy job!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk