GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco Hybrid IS38 Group Buy(5 unit minimum)

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
I guess my point is that this really isn’t a group buy anymore, or really was it to begin with? Wonder it we can bring this up to Littco again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asked him the other day and he seemed open to it. And I wish “the exchange rate was better for us” lol

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Asked him the other day and he seemed open to it. And I wish “the exchange rate was better for us” lol

GBP vs USD may be turning back up. Get your Littco's while your dollars are strong.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
$10 for every hundredth on a shipped IS38x. $40 more today than it was a couple weeks ago.

Yep, and if it breaks out over that 1.32 level that provided resistance back in September the overall downtrend could reverse.

PS: This is not my job, markets are just a hobby for me. I did order my wheels from Canada on Jan 1 though, so maybe it should be my job LOL!

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
if anyone wants to reboot this group buy count me in for one is38x

Has anyone actually talked to Dan to see if he's interested in doing a group buy? As of one week ago he told me that he doesn't have any L380X (IS38X) turbos and doesn't know when he will. I gave up and got the L380 which was delivered today.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone actually talked to Dan to see if he's interested in doing a group buy? As of one week ago he told me that he doesn't have any L380X (IS38X) turbos and doesn't know when he will. I gave up and got the L380 which was delivered today.

Dan has pretty slim margins as is. We might be able to drum up a L450 group buy but I would not expect anything huge in discounts.

Someone would have top facilitate the collection of decent deposits and once the buy has been met collect the balances prior to purchase. My experience in the past is it's kind of a pain.

The L450 is an absolute bargain already. I can find out how much Dan wants for a L450 with no gate or DV is someone wants a real cheap deal. My guess is about $125 off.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dan has pretty slim margins as is. We might be able to drum up a L450 group buy but I would not expect anything huge in discounts.

Someone would have top facilitate the collection of decent deposits and once the buy has been met collect the balances prior to purchase. My experience in the past is it's kind of a pain.

The L450 is an absolute bargain already. I can find out how much Dan wants for a L450 with no gate or DV is someone wants a real cheap deal. My guess is about $125 off.

As of right now an L450 minus the muffler, DV and WG actuator is about $1500. That's dollars. Very much a bargain.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
maybe we can do a group buy just to get him to make us some is38x turbos and the discount will be us getting them at all?

haha....

he should raise the price a little imo to make it more worth his time. His profit margins are not sustainable I think given the work all of this takes him. Just add like $100-150 to each turbo or something and nobody would care and then he could afford to put more effort into customer service, communication and marketing etc

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
maybe we can do a group buy just to get him to make us some is38x turbos and the discount will be us getting them at all?

haha....

he should raise the price a little imo to make it more worth his time. His profit margins are not sustainable I think given the work all of this takes him. Just add like $100-150 to each turbo or something and nobody would care and then he could afford to put more effort into customer service, communication and marketing etc

I agree. If it will only help communication I would have happily spent $150 more to eliminate the nightmare it was just to order the L380.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I agree. If it will only help communication I would have happily spent $150 more to eliminate the nightmare it was just to order the L380.

yeah, I'd happily pay $150 more for some improved communication, availability and maybe some better data on the various turbo options too. he's done so many of these turbos at this point he has to have a wealth of dyno sheets and spool data and power curves