GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 vs Cayman

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I’m on left, he’s on the right. 08-11 Cayman, debadged, unsure what mods but looked fairly stock. He got a much better launch, but after the 60’ mark it’s fairly even! Was surprised.

Also, was happily surprised to find that i ran faster than a WRX, Challenger and Charger RT, 350Z, and a 335i.

This was on a full tank of fuel and stock all seasons, into a 14mph headwind. Some better tires and conditions and I’m sure I’ll know a few tenths off.

Last edited:

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Great runs. I've trapped 108mph in my Stage 1 GTi. So you should hit those speed in better weather and no headwind. LOL

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Was the cayman the newer 718 with the turbo engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COULD NOT BE TURBO. TURBO'S ARE MUCH FASTER

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Was the cayman the newer 718 with the turbo engine?

I provoked one on the highway a couple weeks ago but he wouldn't do it.

Too bad, would have been fun!

Last edited:

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
cayman or cayman s? I put costco lengths on my buddies base cayman at a half mile. they dont respond well to mods either (non turbo versions).

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I'm not sure if it was an S or not, all debadged and I don't know the identifiers for Porsche's very well.

There were a ton of cars at the strip that night, only got 2 runs in over an hour and a half, but the GTI held its own pretty well! Faster than a lot of the street cars there.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’ve run 13.46 with just jb1 @ 105

Thats not bad at all. Are you literally just JB1 for mods? Im also currently only running JB1. Im just trying to get a sense of what my car can do.

Are you DSG? Running 93 octane?