GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"total Loss"

Krampus

I am here with a heavy heart to report that a 2017 Lapiz blue Golf R has died. Saturday Sept 1 2018, A car's worst enemy, a tree, fell on the trooper and was KIA. So for posterity you can count this one out. He will live on though, on Youtube channel under Golf R autocrossing so he will never be forgotten. Please bow your heads in a moment of silence for the loss of this great vehicle. He is gone to the great VW parts house in the sky. Thanks everyone!!

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Rest in piece for the machine which fought valiantly for speed.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Sorry for your loss OP. Luckily nobody was in the car when that tree decided to go down.

Krampus

No plans as of yet. I'm driving my son's Golf TDI lol ( can you say slow) maybe in the future we'll see. I loved the car but my tastes are changing and I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.
Yes we were lucky there was no one in the car at the time. The insurance co couldn't believe how expensive the car was. I guess they thought it was like a GTI, no offence to GTI owners, but it took them 3 days to find and price the body parts.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
With the exception of the bumpers and grill...aren't the body parts the same as a GTI?

I'll pour one out for your R. :(

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
My worst fear. I've got 5 eighty foot oaks in my backyard and one has a slight lean right towards my house - garage side. My knees shake every time the wind blows. Condolences OP, hoping for your good fortune in the insurance settlement!

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
So they insured you as a Golf? Yeah, I bet they are puzzled.

That seems to be the norm for R owners. I had a GTI and when I got my R the insurance premiums actually went down. Apparently there is no specific insurance category for the R so it falls under the regular Golf which is cheaper then the GTI to insure. That's how Progressive explained it anyway.