GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 stock vs. MK5 APR stg2

WalterKohn

Ready to race!
10 whp and 90 lbs more.
Both cars were the same spec one with PP/DCC and the other one base GTI. Even the color was the same. :)
Weighted on the same scale.
P.S.
I will sacrifice 90lbs for DCC/Big brakes, VAQ, 10WHP. :)
Up to 80 -90 mph base GTI and PP GTi are very close. After that PP is slowly pulling away.

I thought that since VW vastly underestimates numbers from the factory that the engine in PP and Non-PP where the exact same thing. I think APR dyno'd a bunch of PP and Non-PP and the numbers were all around 230-235 stock for both.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I thought that since VW vastly underestimates numbers from the factory that the engine in PP and Non-PP where the exact same thing. I think APR dyno'd a bunch of PP and Non-PP and the numbers were all around 230-235 stock for both.

APR dyno'd their personal shop car... Which is a European spec non-PP GTI. They purchased it in Europe and had it shipped over to get a head-start on software development as the MK7 took about 1.5yrs additional time to reach the US market. They also have a really nice dyno system that is hub mounted and has a great cooling system to prevent heat soaking, this is why their WHP may seem a little higher than some others measured at the wheels.