GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alltrak loaner

takemorepills

Ready to race!
My GTI is in the shop for some kind of noise, wheel bearing or DSG related.

The dealer gave me a 2018 Alltrak. I must say I am very impressed with this car! The huge sunroof is cool, the driver assist stuff is quite nice (but unnecessary IMO) but overall I find the car quite satisfying. I really like the Fender in it, seems more "bassy" than the Fender in my GTI. Not sure if it has a different sub or just the acoustics of the larger cabin, but it pumps out a little bit more bass than my GTI.
I like the DSG and AWD. I am OK with the 1.8T, way less power (especially off the line, almost doesn't need AWD because off the line it lags) but still feels better than other cars like Civic and Corolla.

Now, if VW offered this car with GTI Tartan seats and GTI suspension, I would totally buy it. I love the wagon usability (went to IKEA today with it) and I know a JB1/4 could make it much more interesting to drive.
Still, kinda thinking of getting one and swapping the Tartan interior into it....:D

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
All that can be swapped in pretty easily.

Same with the is38 turbo and golf r injectors with a jb4. Making 335 whp is a lot of fun. Beating up on mustangs is even more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Same with the is38 turbo and golf r injectors with a jb4. Making 335 whp is a lot of fun. Beating up on mustangs is even more fun.

That is one beautiful wagon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I've been dreaming of building a car just like that. Kick ass, man.

I want a fast, awd, turbo charged ski car for the family. It's like an S4 Avant. Love it

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

So OEM Plus. Definitely everyone’s dream wagon

takemorepills

Ready to race!
That’s a fast all trak. Although my stang is still faster by abit. Mine ran 12.5 @113

Only on a good day. That Alltrak would waste a powerful RWD (or FWD) car in foul weather!

The Alltrak loaner I have is white with untinted windows. I thought I wouldn't like the pseudo-SUV body trim, but I think it contrasts nicely, and with Tartan seats would look sweet!

One thing I worry about, reliability. Seeing as how the car can steer itself, what the hell do I do when it is out of warranty and that ish breaks? Seems like it'd be an expensive car to maintain past warranty:(

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That’s an option, and you can turn it off. I don’t use it in mine.

A cheaper alternative is a golf 4motion S wagon that’s no thrills.

However, 2018 models have 6/72k mile bumper to bumper. So that’ll be helpful.