GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

cb1111

I'm considering a GTI SE at $6k off MSRP...

The catch is I have to use the VW 6.99% financing, and can refinance after 3 payments.

I've done the numbers, and assuming a decent refinance (I have good credit scores), this seems to be a good deal. And I know others have done stuff like this.

However, I have never tried doing this, so I'm paranoid I'm missing something and they are screwing me some other way.

Granted, they'll make a few hundred bucks from me in those first few payments, if I refinance as planned, am I missing something?

Any tips are appreciated!

Dealers ask the buyer to pay it back after three months so that they can get the commission from the bank. But in general, most auto loans do not have a pre payment penalty. If there isnt anything in the terms and condition, you should be able to pay it back as soon as possible and save some money.

Are you sure its from VW and not from any of the banks.
Correct.

However, my recommendation would be to discuss the refi in advance of the purchase with whatever institution you intend to use to refinance.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
the only tip is to make sure what is says in writing....

Always get everything in writing! No dealer stickers, full tank of gas, no front platre mount unless you are OK with it, etc.

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Throw it into an auto loan calculator and get the amortization schedule. See how much interest is in those 3 payments (hint, its a large chunk). That’s money you lose when you refi.

Great idea. I actually ended up doing that today, and made a spreadsheet (nerd alert) comparing different scenarios. If the current refinance rates stayed close to what they are, this option could *potentially* save $700 over my next best offer, over the course of the entire loan.
In my mind, $700 is not worth the hassle of having to deal with refinancing, and also hoping rates stay the way they are...

That said, today, I just received an offer for $31,250 final OTD price (SE, DSG, experience package). This actually seems like a pretty good deal. Anyone have thoughts on that offer?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
CPO 2018 Golf R DSG with 6,100mi.

Got a pretty decent deal compared to what's available on the market right now. $37,500 +TTL, $4,000 for my 2dr 2010 GTI DSG w/129k miles (no leather, sunroof, nav), CPO warranty until 5/2025 or 84k miles, VW Credit summer sales event pays $500 of the first payment.

https://imgur.com/HxCwHy4

Last edited:

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Great idea. I actually ended up doing that today, and made a spreadsheet (nerd alert) comparing different scenarios. If the current refinance rates stayed close to what they are, this option could *potentially* save $700 over my next best offer, over the course of the entire loan.
In my mind, $700 is not worth the hassle of having to deal with refinancing, and also hoping rates stay the way they are...

That said, today, I just received an offer for $31,250 final OTD price (SE, DSG, experience package). This actually seems like a pretty good deal. Anyone have thoughts on that offer?

look at Rockstar08's post in "what year is the best value" thread, $25k for 2019 GTI Rabbit ed DSG

Dinosoar

WOO! Finally part of the VW family, been wanting a GTI forever!

2017 GTI Sport 6MT 31k Miles - with cargo blocks and Conti Extreme Contacts

$17,700
tax - $1,080 Tags, title, fees $600 [a bit high, oh well]
$1000 trade for the Tiburon [damn good for a car with a lot of issues]

$18,380 OTD
$1000 down

The Jurrasic Park Tiburon was my baby for 7 years, spray painted it myself. Already got some painting plans for the GTI. :)

Attachments

• TibtoGTI.jpg
    TibtoGTI.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 1,037

Flippy

Ready to race!

$17,700

$18,380 OTD
$1000 down

The Jurrasic Park Tiburon was my baby for 7 years, spray painted it myself. Already got some painting plans for the GTI. :)

Ooooh! You should definitely do a Look Who's Talking Two custom GTI to keep with the movie theme. :D

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW

$17,700

$18,380 OTD
$1000 down

Please dont ruin the GTI as well

TewFoxy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Picked up a pre-owned 2018 GTI S model. Had only 13.3k miles and great condition; previous owner even had window tint and a clear bra on hood already. $21,500 for GTI (excluding tags, taxes,fees). Traded in a 4Runner that was already paid off so I received a check back on the deal. Waiting on the title to the GTI from DMV now.

New GTI MK7.5 by J, on Flickr

Johaan

Ready to race!
I finally landed on a night blue 2018 GTI-S DSG CPO with 16k miles for $19,995. I decided to play with the pre-approved bank money and did 0 down, and with tax and tag ended up at ~$21.6k OTD. Been watching the price drop several grand on this car for a few months (CarGurus), and the dealer was ready to move it.

I’ve been lurking the forums for 6 months after deciding the GTI was going to be my next vehicle. I debated new Vs. used for a while, but at this price I figured the first owner took the depreciation hit and I can invest in some upgrades when ready. As a 2018 CPO I still have 5+1 years of warranty, so I think I got the right deal in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ninjastyle

Passed Driver's Ed
Two years ago I was trying to decide between a Golf and a GTI—and I chose the Golf. But I’ve been thinking about the GTI ever since. An opportunity came up where I could unload the Golf at minimal loss, so I took it. And I’m finally getting into a GTI!

2019 GTI S with Driver Assist, some extra equipment

MSRP including destination: $30.5K

Total negotiated price: $25K

OTD price including $500 discount through VW Partner Program (SCCA): $27K

I’m mostly happy with the purchase. They wouldn’t let me take off VW Care, which was mildly annoying. But I didn’t feel that strong about it—the 10K & 20K service are going to cost $160 anyway. I shopped the price around to several dealers but they were either unable or unwilling to beat it. And I wasn’t willing to dive more than an hour out of my way. Strangely it just didn’t seem like people were all that interested in making a sale. I think if I had waited into August or September I probably could have gotten a better deal. (Hive mind: how much better? I just want to know how much money I left on the table!) But the person who wanted to buy my Golf had an external constraint on their end, so I didn’t have the luxury of unlimited time.

dinosaur33

Joined the Cornflower Blue Rabbit club. Got a DSG for a flat 5000 off msrp, which was the best deal I could find in Southern California by quite a bit. Ended up just under 29k OTD.

Most dealers wouldn't budge. The ones I emailed with that quote flat out told me they would never match that and I should take it.