GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAV update available?

16AutobahnGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,
I have a 2016 Autobahn GTI with NAV in it, and the maps are a bit out of date at this point. I’m curious if there’s been a new update or SD card to swap out for newer up to date maps. I know I have apple car play but when you’re places with no reception and can’t load maps, it’s helps to have the car ones!

Also curious if the newer 7.5 came with updated maps and could use those ones in the MK7...

The dealer I’ve called has no clue if there is or not. Hence why I’m turning to more eyes and ears on this one.

16AutobahnGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody have a MK7.5 and can tell me what version of the SD card you have?? I’m curious if you take the newer (if applicable) SD card from the MK7.5 and put in the MK7 if the maps will still populate the same but with the updated data.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Anybody have a MK7.5 and can tell me what version of the SD card you have?? I’m curious if you take the newer (if applicable) SD card from the MK7.5 and put in the MK7 if the maps will still populate the same but with the updated data.

I have a 2018 golf R. I can check the SD card when I get home later. I was wondering how updating for the NAV works. I just use Waze anyways, but it’s still nice for it to be up to date

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey guys,
I have a 2016 Autobahn GTI with NAV in it, and the maps are a bit out of date at this point. I’m curious if there’s been a new update or SD card to swap out for newer up to date maps. I know I have apple car play but when you’re places with no reception and can’t load maps, it’s helps to have the car ones!

Also curious if the newer 7.5 came with updated maps and could use those ones in the MK7...

The dealer I’ve called has no clue if there is or not. Hence why I’m turning to more eyes and ears on this one.

Dealer's now must download the maps from VW. Requires a service visit. If available for your particular serial number it's about $150 plus.

datdiguy

I have a 2015 Sportwagon Comfortline with the nav upgrade. I had to order the SD Card through the local dealer (Hillcrest here in Halifax NS). The maps are supplied by Here and the version I have now is Version 7 (Late 2017) from what I can tell. They installed it free of charge. The cost of the new version $ 200 Canadian. I'm happy for the next 3 years I hope.